Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » which one is better
  •  
subnet

Send a private message to this user
Hi everybody,

Allthough I know that kerio Supports Multiple Domains, I expierenced that there are still missing some features, like multiple SMTP relay for multiple domains. Sometimes it bring in some issues Mail failures when you use only one Mail Server.

See attachment
Is it a good Idea

Requirements
-3 Servers
-3 Ip adresses

thanx in advance

•  
RHarmsen.nl

Problem is, you can only use one mail adres for sending mail in Kerio Outlook Connector
  •  
generic_penguin

Arg... I don't like it personally. imagine having to setup every user on all 3 servers and then have alias's and forwarders setup .... and this way would mean all users would have 3 accounts set on there mail program rather than one

What's the purpose of this? If it is a load balancing thing to split up the load on the servers due to amount of users then better way

* Have all server except mail for each domain
* Have a single OD or AD for authentication and bind each mail server to this
* Define on external MX records the external IP of each mail server. And spilt it up so mail for one domain MX10 is server1 while MX10 for another domain is server2
* You could even define MX20 and MX30 for failover
* Now choose what mail server the users will connect to to receive there email. It could be a single server not even receiving email and defined above. (Make sure this server is bound to the same OD or AD domain
* Now the cool stuff. To tell the mail cluster where that mail lives (the server above)

Edit /usr/local/kerio/mailserver/mailserver.cfg

Change <table name="Cluster"> to this on server1

<table name="Cluster">
<variable name="BackendModeEnabled">1</variable>
<variable name="FrontendModeEnabled">1</variable>
<variable name="BackendName">server1</variable>
<variable name="BackendMasterPassword">NUL:some_password</variable>
<variable name="BackendAcl"></variable>
<variable name="SimpleUserLookup">0</variable>
<variable name="MaxFreeBusyBackendRedirects">1</variable>
</table>

Change <table name="Cluster"> to this on server2

<table name="Cluster">
<variable name="BackendModeEnabled">1</variable>
<variable name="FrontendModeEnabled">1</variable>
<variable name="BackendName">server2</variable>
<variable name="BackendMasterPassword">NUL:some_password</variable>
<variable name="BackendAcl"></variable>
<variable name="SimpleUserLookup">0</variable>
<variable name="MaxFreeBusyBackendRedirects">1</variable>
</table>

Change <list name="BackendServer"> to this in both servers {sub the IP's below for the correct IP's on your network}

<list name="BackendServer">
<listitem>
<variable name="Name">server1</variable>
<variable name="Hostname">192.168.1.1</variable>
<variable name="Password">NUL:some_password</variable>
</listitem>
<listitem>
<variable name="Name">server2</variable>
<variable name="Hostname">192.168.2.1</variable>
<variable name="Password">NUL:some_password</variable>
</listitem>
</list>

Now that that is done you need to tell the servers where each mailbox location for each user exists

Edit AD or OD user in add a record "dsAttrTypeNative:kerio-Mail-HomeServer" with a variable of server1 or server2

OR with Kerio 6.6.0+

When adding users on our mail server, Hold down shift+ command and the click the "Edit" button {see pic}

Now if you really want to break up the load more you could add another server that you configure your mail clients to use for sending mail

FYI you can add lots of Cluster, but if you split users mailboxes to different servers those users will only see the free and busy calendars of the users only on that single server

• Attachment: pic.jpg
    (Size: 15.21KB, Downloaded 452 times)
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

I strongly discourage using this highly experimental setup. It is intended only for testing and should not run in production. There is many things that will not work or work differently. Also, this configuration contains extremely high security risk which could lead to data loss or unauthorized access.
I'm serious - do not use it.

[Updated on: Tue, 18 November 2008 14:28]

•  
generic_penguin

Hi {Kerio_pdobry}

I have clients that require Clustering for a variety of reasons, without it I could never recommend Kerio over exchange.

Does Kerio have a solution that is "encouraged" ? or can you give me an indication as to a time line for one ?

Kerio suggested the below to me. I was informed of free and busy calendars not working properly or delegation / sharing working within users that sit on different nodes, but that was all

I was unaware of any security risk or data loss...

Is it your suggestion that I revisit these sites?

Thanks

Previous Topic: error installing latest active directory extension patch
Next Topic: Converting from Exchange to Kerio
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 14:38:57 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00403 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.