Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Converting from Exchange to Kerio (Looking for info on potential gotchas)
  •  
travisdcc

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

My client currently has three Exchange servers located in three different offices. Its time to upgrade and I've recommended that they replace all three with one Kerio server. Between the three Exchange servers, there are about 40 users and 40GB of data. Mailbox sizes range from 200MB to 6GB. I'm most concerned with the 6GB mailbox. We have no problem with it on Exchange. Will Kerio handle it well also?

If you've been through the process of converting Exchange to Kerio and you have any suggestions for potential problems to look out for, I'd love to hear them.

If you are providing mail to remote offices from a central Kerio server, do you have any problems?

Last, part of the company emails in Japanese. How is the language support, specifically in webmail, in Kerio?

Thanks!
  •  
My IT Indy

The Exchange migration utility works pretty darn well. I demo'ed it last year to a client and they were amazed at how well it did. We converted some pretty big email boxes without problems. I would recommend that you have your users go through their boxes before you migrate just to clean them up a bit.

I provide hosted Kerio for quite a few clients and have 20-30 domains on one of my servers and there are no problems at all. I do have a "big fat pipe" connecting that server to the internet, so speed isn't an issue.

Japanese support in KMS is pretty good, I just tested this out with some other consultants and character support seemed good, although Japanese is not my specialty.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
travisdcc

Thanks! Have you ever migrated over a WAN? Two of the Exchange servers are in other locations, so I'm trying to determine the best way to get their data into Kerio.

Do you think that the requirements on Kerio's site are sufficient?...

Recommended HW configuration (20-100 users):
CPU 2GHz, 1GB RAM, 160GB of free space for message store and backup
  •  
My IT Indy

I've never migrated over a wan and would be hesitant to do it simply for the bandwidth needed. I would try it to see if it works but be prepared with a Plan B just in case.

CPU utilization and ram are minimal in a KMS environment. Disk speed is crucial, so consider an SAS raid array if the funds are there.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
Previous Topic: which one is better
Next Topic: KOFF Contacts
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Sep 19 15:22:11 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00444 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.