Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Allow specific users to bypass login?
  •  
golden3159

Send a private message to this user
I have browser authentication turned on, how can I add certain IP's/Macs to always have internet and not require a login?

What I tried is to create an address group with static ip's of the computers I want to bypass the login. Then I created a user and put those users to automatically login to the firewall. However, they still are getting the browser login screen. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

[Updated on: Wed, 19 November 2008 22:27]

•  
winkelman

You also have to create an URL rule to allow the traffic. Create a URL rule that allows access to 'URL begins with' '*' (wildcard, so matches all URL's) and let it apply to the user (group) you want.

Make sure the rule is above any other rule that might block access. (The rule order DOES matter, they are applied top to bottom. First rule to 'match' wins and other rules are then ignored.)
  •  
golden3159

winkelman wrote on Thu, 20 November 2008 13:05

You also have to create an URL rule to allow the traffic. Create a URL rule that allows access to 'URL begins with' '*' (wildcard, so matches all URL's) and let it apply to the user (group) you want.

Make sure the rule is above any other rule that might block access. (The rule order DOES matter, they are applied top to bottom. First rule to 'match' wins and other rules are then ignored.)

It's still asking the computers for web authentication. Here's an overview of everything I have setup, maybe you can figure out what im doing wrong.

My DHCP has a rage of 192.168.0.1 - 192.168.0.254 with addresses 192.168.0.1 - 192.168.0.12 setup as an exclusion. Those 12 computers are various servers and administration computers that I want to be able to bypass the weblogin. I have all 12 with reserved IP's by MAC addresses (using Kerio).

Next I created an address group with the first 12 IP's in there. Then I went to "Users" and set the username Admin with the following settings:
Assume use on the following hosts
-Firewall (checked)
-Address group (the address group created above)

And finally, I have the URL rule you mentioned above under Content Filtering>HTTP Policy.

Yet the clients are still being asked to login everytime the computers are restarted.

I have no idea what to do, is there some kind of traffic policy rule I must also implement? Thanks.

•  
winkelman

So all these special users are all supposed to be logged in as 'Admin?

And are all the users actually being logged in automatically as Admin? Does this part of the process work?

Please verify.

Previous Topic: Javascript disabled
Next Topic: make a small lan - Help new user
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 07:51:03 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00446 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.