Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Control Spam....from yourself??? (Some of my users receive spam message which are from their email address.)
  •  
migsutu

Send a private message to this user
Some of my users are receiving spam which says its coming from their own mailing address. It is typically related to shopping or something like that. Is there a way to block a user from receiving mail from his/her address?

Thanks.
  •  
TorW

Mark them as spam and use blocklists. It's a better long term solution than blocking on a From-address.

We use zen.spamhaus.org, psbl.surriel.com and bl.spamcop.net as blocklists.
  •  
ikheetleon

I had the same problem. I've removed the default auto anti spam rule and created a subject based rule. That way All messages with ***SPAM*** in te subject are placed into the junkmail folder.
  •  
sgongola

You can also setup spf/callerid as discussed in this forum, thread title: "How to deal - Spam sent by a local user"
  •  
feijin

if you mailserver is emua.net
please try it:
helo yourcomputername

Tiger# telnet webmail.emua.net 25
Trying 75.149.45.65...
Connected to webmail.emua.net.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 webmail.emua.net ESMTP ready
HELO youcomputername
250 webmail.emua.net
MAIL FROM: carlos<_a.t_>emua.net

RCPT TO: carlos<_a.t_>emua.net
250 2.1.5 Recipient <carlos<_a.t_>emua.net> ok
DATA
354 Enter mail, end with CRLF.CRLF
Subject: Buy my stuff!!! V|4gra
spamer!!!
  •  
  •  
feijin

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Fri, 02 January 2009 17:42

SPF and CallerID checks do not use hostname from HELO. Read http://forums.kerio.com/index.php?t=msg&goto=58711&# msg_58711

can you tell me a email address for test?
I well send The Spam message from yourself。

The spf and caller id check is Invalid
Previous Topic: SPAM rules to block messages from internal domain from external source
Next Topic: sync from exchange server
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 04:43:14 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00399 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.