Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Mail store merge
  •  
skeates

Send a private message to this user
!BACKUP YOUR DATA BEFORE DOING THIS!

I have had to do a few kerio mail restores recently and quite recently having to merge two complete mail stores together.

After deciding manually copying all the mail into the individual folders was not an option I went about trying to solve this issue.

I have put together an apple script app that will copy folder A to folder B with out overwriting anything and just adding in what is missing. It will also copy in any missing folders.

The app will ask you to choose a source folder then a destination folder. It will then ask you for a user name and password this is so you can enter the root username and password.

The app sees hidden folders as well. Unfortunately it does not give any output, as I am still trying to solve that part.

As mentioned above always best to backup your data first, but all the trails I have done have been successful.

The only issue with this is that you need reindex any folders which is another issue, that I managed to solve by using another program. Details below.

1.Login to your system as root (not via terminal via the logon window). Download a program call DiskOrder http://www.likemac.ru/english/download.shtml

2.A remake for mac of Norton Commander. It is a demo, but the demo will do what you need. Once open under file you will see "Find F" that will let you seach for files. In the box insert "index.fld" and select the system drive or the drive were you mail store is kept.

3.Disk Order will seach for the files and then list them in left or right panel depending on which one you were working in.

4.After you have done this you need to rename all the "index.fld" to "index.bad" to do this, Select all the files from the search and then Choose "Multi-Rename Tool from the "File Menu" again.

5.In the box that pops up you have option to rename multiple files indiffrent ways. change the extension option to "bad". You will see in the list below that all the files change to what they will become. Click the "Start Renaming" button and it will rename all your index files.

6.After that restart Kerio. When users start to long in they folders will reindex and mail is restored.

Enjoy this will save you so much time and stress. My next project is to create a script that will do the renaming part.

•  
trinity_st

Thanks for this!

Has anyone tried this out? If so have you encountered any problems?
  •  
BudDurland

If I had to merge two kerio servers into one, I would probably just use the IMAP migration tool, or something like IMAPCOPY. However, if all you have is the mail store without the server, your method is reasonable.

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
wannes

This tool saved me a lots of hours of work ! Many many thanks for providing it.
I've managed to merge 2 kerio connect servers with this (1 backup, 1 with new mails). Hadn't had any errors.
Simply works.
Previous Topic: Moving users btwn servers
Next Topic: carddav php class throws 403 while add
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 12:02:39 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00414 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.