Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Issues Syncing Calendars
  •  
shanna@macforce.com

Send a private message to this user
For about 6 months now we've been sycning my work calendar between about 4 users with no issue. A few days ago however the syncing decided to stop working - I am still able to sync with my phone, and my calendar is still on the server but when I attempt to get read/write access to ical on my laptop I get nothing. I tried removing the server info and reconfiguring it to no avail - when I did so NO information appeared at all. I was able to 'subscribe' to my own calendar and retrieve a backup by exporting it from ical so Im ready to import it again when and if that is necessary but does anyone know what I should do at this point? 1-2 of the original users are still able to get read/write access but I can't seem to get anyone else to do so anymore.
  •  
My IT Indy

What version of KMS and iCal are you running?

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
shanna@macforce.com

Kerio mailserver6 and ical 3.0.5
  •  
My IT Indy

Which version of KMS6? They started at v6.0 and go all the way up to v6.6.1.

-
My IT Indy
  •  
shanna@macforce.com

Oh, excuse me, its 6.6.0...
  •  
My IT Indy

Okay.

can you try creating another user on your machine and seeing if that can sync okay?

can you possibly update the server to version 6.6.1?

Try those two things and see if they fix your problem.

-
My IT Indy
  •  
shanna@macforce.com

Hmm, yes, other users are working fine, just my account is hosed. We tried upgrading to 6.6.1 and now MY laptop works OK but the calendar is still blank for all my delegates.
  •  
My IT Indy

Shanna,

Your account is fine when logged in with caldav but you can't see your delegated accounts? Just clarifying.

-
My IT Indy
  •  
shanna@macforce.com

That is correct - I have about 4 of them, but no one can see my information. We tried removing and readding them to no avail.
  •  
My IT Indy

Can you see them via webmail?

-
My IT Indy
  •  
indigospring

I'm not sure from the description if this is what I'm also seeing at a customer site.

http://forums.kerio.com/index.php?t=msg&th=14530&sta rt=0&S=a8ba2f0fec1beaad2bf6d3dd1bf6e498

Basically for some users delegation in iCal just doesn't work. The only workaround is to use Webmail and go around all the calendars that they should have access to, delete their access permissions, close the box, then add permissions back again, explicitly for that problem user. The "all users in domain" permission seems to have no effect.

There may be some directory-related weirdness going on - all users are in Open Directory. Some do not appear in the Public Contacts folder. For one of these users I tried deleting her account from Kerio Admin (but kept her mailbox). I expected to then be able to activate her account from Open Directory again, but her account was not in the list to be chosen. Using the Workgroup Manager inspector I could see that there were still Kerio related fields in her Open Directory entry. I deleted those and could then re-activate her account in Kerio Admin Console. Unfortunately this did not seem to cure the problem (that she appears not to be in the "all domain users" group. I still had to go around all the calendars (including the Public calendar) and explicitly delete her access and then add it back again. After that she could now tick the calendars in the delegation section in iCal.

During the whole time, access to other users calendars subscribed using Webmail was unaffected. It is only iCal that has the problem. I tried shutting down Kerio, deleting the caldav.db file (as suggested by Kerio) and restarting, but that made no difference.
  •  
shanna@macforce.com

Yes - I am seeing every appointment in webmail. My delegates are able to write to it as well, no one can pull down though. On Friday I was able to on my MacBook but today I can't again. I noticed I am in my list of delegates twice as well - once as an admin then again as an admin with a drop down. I assume that is correct?

Removing and readding delegates does no good I am afraid... is there anything else I can try?
  •  
phil_w

I'm seeing the same thing in iCal - seemingly random users suddenly losing their delegated folders - only thing that returns things to normal is changing the permissions on the calendar (usually changing all users to admins from editors then back again).

Delegated calendars then need to be rechecked in iCal preferences to make calendars viewable again.

My guess is that 6.6.0 did it (can't remember any distressed users before then...)
Previous Topic: Permissions in public calendars ?
Next Topic: KOFF - Outlook 2007 SP1 Problems
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Sep 23 18:30:47 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00542 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.