Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Modifying Mailing List Welcome Message (I need to edit the welcome message for a mailing list)
  •  
Will Mayall

Send a private message to this user
When subscribing to a mailing list on a Kerio server, the server responds with a welcome message. The message is not accurate if it is an announcement only mailing list.

Is there a way to edit the default welcome message?

BTW, I'm not talking about the custom message which can be easily added. The default message is appended below -- and, as far as I can tell, is not documented.

Thanks,

Will Mayall

Here's the mailing list welcome message:

THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE.

Now you are successfully subscribed to the mailing list "xyz<_a.t_>xyz.com".

[Custom message inserted here.]

POSTING NEW MESSAGES

If you want to post a message to this mailing list, compose
your message and send it to the mailing list address
<news<_a.t_>alltop.com>.

REPLYING TO MESSAGES

If you want to reply to a message posted to the list, simply
reply the message, add your text and send it.

HELP

If you want to obtain mailing list help instructions, send
an empty email to the address
<news-help<_a.t_>alltop.com>.

UNSUBSCRIPTION

If you want to unsubscribe yourself from the mailing list,
send an empty email to the address
<news-unsubscribe<_a.t_>alltop.com>.

OWNERS

If you want to contact owners of this mailing list, send
an email with your questions to
<news-owners<_a.t_>alltop.com>.

-----
This mail system is powered by Kerio MailServer 6.6.1.

[Updated on: Wed, 26 November 2008 20:01]

•  
Will Mayall

As a side note, being unable to modify the welcome message is not going reflect well on the Kerio server.

The list I'm setting up will be viewed by thousands of influential users. If I can't modify the welcome message, I'll need to add to the cusom message saying something like, "Please ignore the default subscription message the follows..."

And at the bottom of the Welcome message is:

"This mail system is powered by Kerio MailServer 6.6.1."

Which I would also like to remove...

Will Mayall
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Look at the directory /reports in the mailserver directory. There are templates for all emails sent by KMS, including mailing list welcome messages. You can modify them BUT upgrading to newer KMS version may overwrite these files with default ones. So make a backup before upgrade.

Simple question, simple answer. I also believe that this has been already answered few times in this forum.
  •  
Will Mayall

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Wed, 26 November 2008 23:06

Look at the directory /reports in the mailserver directory. There are templates for all emails sent by KMS, including mailing list welcome messages. You can modify them BUT upgrading to newer KMS version may overwrite these files with default ones. So make a backup before upgrade.

Thanks!
Kerio_pdobry wrote on Wed, 26 November 2008 23:06

Simple question, simple answer. I also believe that this has been already answered few times in this forum.

I'm not quite sure of the point of the above comment. I searched this forum, the docs, the knowledgebase, Google, and the files on the Kerio server for an answer.

Although this will solve the issue for the moment, modifying source files that will almost certainly be overwritten in an update is not ideal.

Thanks,

Will Mayall
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

mayall wrote on Wed, 26 November 2008 23:15

I'm not quite sure of the point of the above comment. I searched this forum, the docs, the knowledgebase, Google, and the files on the Kerio server for an answer.

There are several references to the content of the 'reports' folder in this forum. You're right, quick search shows that these references are related to other report files, not directly to mailing list responses.
Frankly, two posts within one hour looked to me as a some sort of pressure.
Quote:

Although this will solve the issue for the moment, modifying source files that will almost certainly be overwritten in an update is not ideal.

Thanks,
Will Mayall

Well, it may look as quite uncomfortable solution but it is surprisingly effective. Kerio's philosophy is to keep the product simple for use, secure and stable. Our intention is do not bloat configuration dialogs with options used only by a fraction of customers which make the dialog obscure for the others. If there is a way how to satisfy both groups of customers, simplicity and ease of use wins.
Previous Topic: Lost Licence with backup ???
Next Topic: "hanging" public calendar
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 14:18:25 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00368 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.