Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Remosync
  •  
thedford

Send a private message to this user
Has anyone seen or tried to use Remosync with Kerio? It's an application with Verizon wireless that you can download to any phone that will do "direct push" synchronization with an Exchange 2003 or 2007 Server.

My question is doesn't Kerio basically emulate and Exchange Server? I tried to use this app and I keep getting a "Bad Request" error. Error 400

When I go to Remo's website, http://www.remoba.com/remosync.html
and look for this error, it says that Error 400 is cause if the Microsoft Exchange Server you are connecting to is unable to resolve the "Server Type". One of the first things the App does is try to resolve whether you are using Exchange 2003 or 2007.

When I look further into the log files on the Kerio box, it tells me that the LG Dare VX9700 is not supported in this version of the software.

Has anyone else used or played with this App, and had any luck?
  •  
anthony.somerset

hi there

kerio is saying the device is not supported because normally it wouldnt be, the issue was experienced with the ipod touch with the new 2.0 software initially until kerio provided an update.

effectively there is a configuration change that you can make that will allow "unsupported" devices to connect, there is a thread on this forum that details the process, if i find it i will let you know.

i think its worth pointing out that kerio is unlikely to provide support on any issues that it throws up by connecting unsupported devices so its a kind of do so at your own risk kind of strategy

hope this helps

Mac Xserve Intel - 2x 2.7GHz Dual Core Xeon
Leopard 10.5.8
4GB Ram
1.25 TB HDD Raid 5
Kerio 6.7.1
~60 Users (varying windows and mac Exchange or IMAP)
18 iPhones
  •  
thedford

Anthony,

Hey thanks so much! I searched the forums for this "hack" and once I enabled it, everything works like a charm!! I really appreciate it
  •  
bjrflip

Have you tested all the features? Calendar? Remote Wipe? Contacts? Email attachments? How about battery life?

Thanks
  •  
thedford

Yes, I have tested most of the features. I am currently getting the following error on the phone when trying to sync a Calendar event fromt the phone back to the Server. Which tech support for Remosync is looking at now.

[08/Dec/2008 11:57:23] ASyncCalendarData.cpp: ActiveSyncCalendarData::ReadFromWBXml: Unknown Application data ID: 0x1116

Email works great, contacts work great, and have opened pdf attachments but have not tried any others.

Have not tried a remote wipe yet, and the battery on my LG Dare is superb.

•  
bjrflip

Is Remosync using Push technology? So email comes in as new email arrives?
  •  
bjrflip

Please keep us up to date with your Calendar issues. This is another excellent alternative device.
  •  
thedford

Yes Remosync uses direct push. You can do a manual sync, or schedule a sync with the mail server and remosync. I frankly have kerio notify me via text when I get an email, and then I do a manual sync. But I do have the option of scheduling a sync on my phone to happen every minute, hour, day , etc....
  •  
rkovelman

thedford wrote on Mon, 08 December 2008 11:22

Anthony,

Hey thanks so much! I searched the forums for this "hack" and once I enabled it, everything works like a charm!! I really appreciate it

Where is this "hack" you speak of?
  •  
rkovelman

Thanks. I am thinking any upgrades x.1 and even a full upgrade may reset that, so becareful
Previous Topic: Posting error ignore please
Next Topic: Check license usage from command line?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 17:38:23 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00466 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.