Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Routing just ONE additional Route on a Windows XP PC
  •  
david.peter@arcor.de

Send a private message to this user
Dear networkers,

i have a small problem for which i maybe need not this full-featured firewall.

i have a windows XP SP3 PC here (VPN-PC) with a Cisco VPN-Client installed and a tunnel to a network with subnet-addresses 192.168.1.0/24

The local network-address of the network-adapter is one of the subnet 192.168.2.0/24

All other PC's on the 192.168.2.0/24 network have their default router set to 192.168.2.1 and have access to the internet.

The VPN-PC itself has via a split tunnel access to the local 192.168.2.0/24 ressources, too.

And of course via the VPN-Adapter to the 192.168.1.0/24 network.

Because of limited connections in the destination network (192.168.1.0/24) i cannot install more than this one VPN-Client installed on the VPN-PC.

So i ask you now, whether the winroute software installed on the VPN-PC can route just THIS ONE ROUTE, when pc's from local 192.168.2.0/24 network want to contact the 192.168.1.0/24 network???

On all the other pc's of the 192.168.2.0/24 network i would add a static route like this:

"route add 192.168.1.0 mask 255.255.255.0 VPN-PC"

So, a request for a machine with ip-address 192.168.1.8 should be given to VPN-PC.

And the Winroute-Software should take these packets and send them via the cisco vpn-client-adapter to the machine 192.168.1.8 and the answers from 192.168.1.8 back to the originating pc.

Can WinRoute do JUST THIS ONE THING and not any Other ??
Because any other traffic inside and outside func perfectly.

I hope, you can help.

If this can put to a running state, i would buy WinRoute any way.

Thank you all for your help,

David
Previous Topic: KWF 6.5.1 memory leak - fixed
Next Topic: count traffic
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 16:44:43 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00410 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.