Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Accepting Invites on iPhone
  •  
spiggott

Send a private message to this user
I have about 7 iPhone users in our organization who have experienced a bug when accepting meeting invitaions on the iPhone. It seems to work properly and the event is added to the calendar, but multiple acceptance emails are sent to the organizer. In most cases, acceptance emails will be sent until the event is deleted from the affected user's calendar. The emails are sent every couple of minutes.

We are using KMS 6.6.1 on Mac OS X Server 10.4.11. iPhone software is 2.2. Mail accounts on the iPhone are configured as Exchange Activesync accounts syncing mail, contacts, and calendars. New invitation alerts are set to "On".

The obvious workaround is to only accept meeting invitations via a desktop mail client or webmail, but that kinda defeats the purpose of a smartphone.

Any ideas? Anyone else experiencing this bug?
  •  
mpaquette@synkare.com

We are experiencing something similar here. I haven't seen the endless loop yet, but accepting an event seems to trigger 4-5 messages. 6.6.0 patch 1 and iPhone 2.2. i will install 6.6.1 and do some testing with debug logging on and try to see what is happening.
  •  
spiggott

Thanks for the reply. I'll post back if I find a fix.
  •  
nbgrant

I have the same issue.

KMS 6.6.1 on a G5 w/ Leopard Client 10.5.4 (will try to update, not expected to fix)
iPhones on 2.2 setup through Active Sync and Using Apple Mail/iCal for software clients

[Updated on: Wed, 10 December 2008 18:20]

•  
russb

We have been experiencing the same issue. Hit accept on the iPhone & the user that created the invite gets 3 messages back from me. Very annoying.
  •  
AdventureCreative

I have been having similar problems. Acceptance notifications would keep sending even if you deleted the events. I found that the trigger for my issue seemed to be whenever Calendar on the calendar on the iPhone was opened it would send a round of acceptance messages. (to meetings that where no longer visible on any calendar) While I know it's not a proper solution what I did was turn the exchange account calendar off, made sure it was clear, then turned it back on, once everything was in place again the problem disappeared. Not perfect but maybe a solution for some issues.
  •  
nbgrant

Has anyone seen or heard about a fix for this? It is still an issue for us.

We have updated to 6.6.2 (now with more iCal issues confirmed by Kerio Support) and I have most users on OS X 10.5.6 now.

I also am getting claims - though I can't reproduce the situation - that people are getting invitations for past events from my iPhone users.

[Updated on: Wed, 28 January 2009 16:38]

•  
spiggott

We're having the same issue here. I've advised all my users not to accept or decline any events via their iPhones which is a shame, because the calendaring UI in the iPhone is the best I've seen.
  •  
nbgrant

spiggott wrote on Wed, 28 January 2009 09:51

We're having the same issue here. I've advised all my users not to accept or decline any events via their iPhones which is a shame, because the calendaring UI in the iPhone is the best I've seen.

More than that, not having a feature function properly that we are paying for is more upsetting. It's also embarrassing as the IT staff suggested this product so strongly and now it's having so many issues.
  •  
mhegge

We have been having the same issue with multiple acceptance messages being sent in a user's account in which the user is accepting via iPhone. I have a trouble ticket open with Kerio. the only way to stop the messages form continuing to me sent is to remove the vent from the user's calendar (acceptor) after the event has occured. We are runnning 6.6.2 on a 10.5.6 G5 server.

[Updated on: Tue, 10 March 2009 19:50]

•  
mhegge

It happens with past events for us as well.
  •  
greg_m

Yep, same issue here, although it is only affecting one of our iPhones. KMS 6.6.2 installed. The original proposer has to delete the event to stop the invites, very annoying.
  •  
aj08

I wonder if it's a bug specific to Entourage. I'm not sure about Entourage 2008 but when the person being invited to an event is using Entourage 2004 they will get multiple notifications on their iPhone and updating the status on the iPhone doesn't update the status in Entourage.

Users with iCal and Mail.app are working just as it should. If they accept and event on the iPhone then iCal reflects that with no further changes required by the user.

The person who did the original invite does get two notifications though. One that says that the event is not in the calendar and then another that says that the person has accepted the invite. Not quite as annoying as the multiple events bug but still odd.

What has Kerio said when you contacted them about this?

[Updated on: Sat, 07 February 2009 08:10]

•  
aj08

It sounds as though this will be addressed in an upcoming release of Kerio but that may not be for quite a while. If you are having this issue, the best thing you can do is call tech support and try to get the fix prioritized.
mvenianakis

Yes - i have the same thing going on. but much worse, I just went into a users inbox and found that the invites quadruplicated, for the past 2 days that he has in his deleted items, the acceptance emails were sent 3 times each day. i spoke to kerio they asked me to gather info, but at first didnt realize this was related to the iphone and thought just entourage, so this didnt help looking for webdav items in the debug log, so i had it list activesync debug lines, and this time i have something. unfortunately in the mail log it just looks like a normal email. doesnt help much. will call kerio with the evidence tomorrow and see what they can come up with.
Previous Topic: Connect 7.2 System Requirements??
Next Topic: forwarding from wedmail to multiple people
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 06:41:00 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00548 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.