Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » C++ Runtime error in KOFF (MS C++ Runtime Library - KoffBackend.exe)
  •  
cthomas

Send a private message to this user

Windows XP SP2 with Kerio KOFF 6.6.1 build 7069 and Outlook 2007

Recently upgraded mail server to 6.6.1, user did self upgrade when prompted. After upgrade error message appears

MS C++ Runtime Library - KoffBackend.exe
This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Outlook stays running after this error but it no longer receives email.

I submitted a support ticket but I was hoping the forum might illicit a faster response. Any idea on what to do next? Thanks.

- C. Thomas
  •  
cthomas

The problem might be related to this MS KB article but I installed the recommended Hotfix and it didn't make any difference.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/884538

Any one else got any ideas? Thanks.
  •  
Petr Silar (Kerio)

cthomas,
Your description of the issue is too common to say anything specific about the cause. Please cooperate w/ our support team, they collect all necessary information from you. If this is a bug they will report it to us for fix.

BTW: That MS KB article is not valid for this case since Kerio products are not built in Visual Studio 6 (mentioned in the article).
  •  
cthomas

Thanks for the info. I am working with Support now. They eventually answered my trouble ticket submission. They want me to run SysDump on the system which I will do once my user returns from Switzerland.

- C. Thomas
  •  
hamburgerjung

Hi any news.
i've got the same problem here.

same version of Kerio and KOFF.

Windows Server 2003.
Clients, Outlook 2007

Anythin works fine until I inserted 8 Mailboxes from other users to read the Calendar.

Don't know what to do.
  •  
peterocallaghan

has anyone come up with a solution for this. Im getting the error afer doing the automatic upgrade of KOFF in Outlook 2007 on Windows 7
Previous Topic: New onsite Kerio - 120 Citrix users & KOC?
Next Topic: Password Change Suggestions
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 14:19:04 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00466 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.