Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Tons of sync conflicts
  •  
coolhandluq

Send a private message to this user
My users are getting far too many synchronization conflicts. The most common one is from any undeliverable message. Any time a user gets an undeliverable bounceback the bounceback goes to the conflict folder and they get the sync error. I cannot figure that one out. The rest of the conflicts are standard conflicts like:

"There was a synchronization conflict concerning the 'RE: Recovery Agreement' message in the 'Cash, AR, Budgets' folder.
The message had been both modified in Outlook and deleted on the server.

As a solution, the message has been moved to the 'Conflicts' folder."

What can I do to reduce the number of these conflicts? It confuses my users to no end, and is costing us a significant amount of time. We have 500 mailboxes. Looking at the traffic charts, number of connections is 40-110 normally. Peak is 200, peak after a crash was 290. All use KOFF. No mobile users yet until we get KMS stabilized. All using Outlook 2003 or 2007. KMS is running on Windows Server 2008 (yes yes I know) in a VM, hosted on a VMWare ESX cluster. Mailstore is on an Equallogic iscsi SAN.

Any help is appreciated.
  •  
ben.dalton@csisystems.net

I was experiencing a similar situation until I set all users to use SSL with the offline connector. I am also running Kerio on Windows Server 2008 x64 with Outlook 2007.

I still have one user who gets one or two sync messages a day which I have not figured out yet. This is, of course, the owner...

Did you port the users existing mailboxes over to Kerio or start with a clean slate?
  •  
coolhandluq

We're all set to use SSL with compression on KOFF. About 35 users had their mailboxes imported from Exchange. The rest were using POP3 with PST's, and nothing was imported. The sync errors do not seem to discriminate between the old exchange folks and the rest. I hear you about the owner though. It's really embarrassing having my CEO contact me about email problems so much.

Any other ideas?
  •  
ben.dalton@csisystems.net

You have made sure that the Microsoft Office patches KB952142 and KB946983 are NOT installed... These also cause me to have significant trouble.
  •  
Petr Silar (Kerio)

coolhandlug,
if it's true the message was modified locally and it was deleted on the server, then it's really conflict. If it's not true, then it's a bug. In such case contact our support department with it. The same is with some specific message if it causes conflicts every time it's delivered.
  •  
coolhandluq

Thanks for the response. I think I have actually narrowed down the cause to NOD32, although I am not positive. During testing before deployment NOD32 caused no issues on the client side so we left it. I did not have any sync conflicts then, but I think I use mail differently than my co-workers. I could not get clamwin working right before deployment, so that is the real reason NOD32 was left scanning email on the client side. I am currently trying to get clamwin working right afterhours since monkeying with messes with delivery of mail, and users get delivery delayed messages that generate calls.

I may be making another post for assistance with clamwin from fellow forumers soon.
Previous Topic: Iphone cannot establish connection
Next Topic: MFE & KMS 6.5.0
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 21:31:07 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00567 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.