Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Bridged network cards (Cant get traffic policy to work correctly)
  •  
waynehell

Send a private message to this user
Hi
Im having a problem with filtering network traffic (eg i want to stop an ip address from my network accessing the internet)

Current Setup : network 10.1.1.0
kwf server: 2 nics address 10.1.1.5,10.1.1.6 Bridged to 10.1.1.5
ADSL Router: 10.1.1.10

Im trying to filter out eg 10.1.1.3 from accessing 10.1.1.10
it will not work.
Rule: rule1,source-10.1.1.3 , Destination-10.1.1.10 ,service-any,action-Drop.

The rules only work for the kwf server only, it only blocks the server and not the traffic from the network
  •  
pol82

I think you need to configure ADSL from KWF, por example:

KWF ip: 10.1.1.5
and the otherone any ip (it's only for dial the ADSL ) and connecting to ADSL modem (this must be setting in bridge mode !!)

then, any ip from the LAN it's configured with gateway: 10.1.1.5 (kwf) and then, your traffic policies should be working fine.
Sorry for my english, thanks!
paul
  •  
waynehell

Ok the
router (4 port router with adsl modem) is connected to the first network card
and the 10.1.1.0 network is connectd to the second network card
I then bridged the 2 network cards to 10.1.1.5

I tried the above but it didnt work.
I dont need to dial an adsl connection mine is always connected.
I thought with Kwf i could filter the traffic from the bridge
and deny/allow whatever i wanted.

I setup a zone alarm firewall and all i had to do was bridge the 2 nic's and filer out what i needed to eg: ip address 10.1.1.3 allow http this would open 10.1.1.3 to http traffic.
Does kwf not work like that?
  •  
RHarmsen.nl

Not when you have two nicks in Bridge mode.
This way, the two network cards pass packets without passing through KWF.

You should setup like this (other IPs can work to!)

ADSL <-10.0.0.x/24 -> KWF <- 10.0.1.x/24 -> Network
Previous Topic: Winroute it's Blocking Internet Radio (using windows media) and traffic policy it's ok
Next Topic: FTP over Kerio
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 00:26:49 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00429 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.