Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » server noob
  •  
wonderings

Send a private message to this user
I am an extreme noob when it comes to email servers. At work we have an old pc running a free version of mailtraq. We are a small company, 10 employees, so no need for more then the 4 free accounts that maltraq comes with. It is running on a old pc that I will be replacing with a dual 1ghz G4 mac that is just sitting around not being used anymore. I need a very easy to use mail server to replace mailtraq as it is not for mac.

Our current setup works this way. We have one email account. Emails come into mailtraq. Reception looks at the email, then depending on who needs it, will send it via mailtraq to my coworker or myself. Thats it, thats all I need kerio software to do. The question I guess is how easy is kerio to use, would this be the right solution for me or is there something else I should look at?

I sent an email to sales, but have not heard a reply so I thought I would ask away here.

Thanks
  •  
My IT Indy

Do all of your users need to be able to send and receive email?

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
wonderings

Yes. There are 4 of use who need to send email. We only have one email account, so email that comes into mailtraq at the moment gets distributed by the receptionist. We like that system of manually sending it where we want it.
  •  
My IT Indy

that should work just fine. Use IMAP or webmail.

-
My IT Indy
  •  
Nixs

So you grant your receptionist permission to your inboxs. All e-mail comes in to receptionist and she then drags and drops it from her inbox to the appropriate users inbox.

Attached is me in Outlook with 3 accounts open. I can drag and drop the highlight e-mail from DAVIE2's inbox to Websense in another account since I have rights to it.

Of course she could always forward the e-mail too.

• Attachment: a.png
    (Size: 35.53KB, Downloaded 527 times)

[Updated on: Thu, 11 December 2008 21:35]

•  
wonderings

Thanks for the replies.

The outlook looks like a good solution. A problem we have though when forwarding an email from outlook is it does not retain the original senders name. So if the receptionist sent me the email it would be from "receptionist<_a.t_>abc.local" or something along those lines. So if I replied to the email it would not have the original senders name. The other issue is I will be switching over to a mac, would mail have this same functionality or is that why I need to pay the big bucks for OS X server?
  •  
My IT Indy

You can just use webmail with Firefox or Safari. Have your secretary just drag/drop the emails into the person's mailbox that needs them.

-
My IT Indy
Previous Topic: Problem with filters not working
Next Topic: Searching multiple mailing lists for a user
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 22:54:37 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00530 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.