Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » webmail - email address memory
  •  
steves106

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I have recently migrated kerio from one server in my network to another, and since this, when users log into kerio webmail, they are no longer getting the prompts they used to when filling in the 'TO:' address when composing an email.

Before, they used to get a prompt a bit like the nk2 functionality in outlook.

Any ideas how to resolve this? An update was also installed when the migration took place.. would this have effected it?
  •  
steves106

No one experienced this or have any answers???
  •  
sedell

If they got a list of remembered e-mail addresses in webmail, it's because of the browser's autocomplete feature - there isn't anything built into webmail for this.

The autocomplete entries are generally stored per site. If the the URL they use to access webmail changed, that would "break" the link between webmail and the autocomlpete entries.

Scott
  •  
steves106

Thanks for the reply.

The URL has stayed exactly the same, but Kerio was updated during the move so i wonder if maybe the name of the 'To' field has changed in the update and this may have broken the link.
  •  
mpermann

In the Webmail interface, go to the Settings button and then choose Settings from the drop down menu. Click the Mail Composing tab, then click the Choose folders button and put check marks in from the of the Contact folders that you want Kerio to search through for matches. If you have a public contacts folder make sure to check mark any appropriate contact folders listed under Public folders. Then click the OK button.
To test if it is working, create a new message. Then click on the To: box to put your cursor in there and type the first few letters of a person that would appear in one of your contact folders then press the Tab key on your keyboard and it should do the search and either return one specific result or a window will appear with all possible matches. At least this is how it works for us in Webmail. We are using 6.6.0.
Mike

[Updated on: Mon, 15 December 2008 18:29]

•  
steves106

Thanks for the reply. It interesting as all the settings you specified are turned on, but it still isnt working.

The TAB button doesnt yeild any results, but when i type a few letters and then press 'CTRL + K' it brings up a search box of contacts with the letters i've typed.

I guess this is a start, at least now we have the search functionality - just not quite how it used to be before the update.

I wonder if maybe the update removed this feature? i cant see anything about this in the update notes - so maybe this was un published?!
Previous Topic: Orphaned STORE.fdb
Next Topic: Junk Mail Folder Report for POP users
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 04:53:43 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00433 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.