Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » McAfee Scan Atachements
  •  
mikehorizon

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

we own a Kerio Mail server at our organisation and I encountered the following request:

McAfee should not scan mails comming from a specific domain or mail address.

Is this possible?

Thanx in advance for tips about this.
  •  
sgongola

Why would anyone want to not be checked for virii. There needs to be a really good (or really bad) reason for wanting this.

There are too many ways for the sending machine to get infected and start sending out bad emails to infect others. From experience, no place is immune from a virus infection. Even with antivirus they can get infected with a new virus the AV is not yet equipped to identify until the next update. My two cents.

Anyway, if you set "Deliver the message with the malicious code removed:" the recipient will know a message was sent. If you set "forward the original message to administrator address:", the full message can be retrieved at that address.
  •  
mikehorizon

You don't have to convince me that this is a security risk.
I know that. Thare are some people above me who demand this and I don't have anything to say exept "Yes sir, I will try" Smile.

So please, don't try to defend the way kerio scans atachement because I know they do a well job.

My boss asked me to solve this and that is it. I MUST find a solution.

Any help will be appreciated.
  •  
anthony.somerset

i think simply there isnt a solution

you could raise a feature request with kerio, but its likely going to get laughed away or just ignored completely

i would say to your boss that there is no solution to this problem, its either all or nothing, and if he says nothing he needs shooting as he doesn't understand the implications of not having antivirus on email systems

PS if you are the server admin and he is just a manager, you should be able to stand your ground on a technical level saying that it would pose an unacceptable risk to the whole of your IT infrastructure, that usually makes them quiver enough to accept your conclusions Razz

just my two cents anyway - perhaps you could send him on a data security and protection course Smile

[Updated on: Fri, 12 December 2008 22:06]

Mac Xserve Intel - 2x 2.7GHz Dual Core Xeon
Leopard 10.5.8
4GB Ram
1.25 TB HDD Raid 5
Kerio 6.7.1
~60 Users (varying windows and mac Exchange or IMAP)
18 iPhones
  •  
Nixs

Sounds like he doesn't understand the domain and from address can and are forged by viruses.

Any one can send an e-mail from the <_a.t_>domain.com you want to white list and one could include a virus. There is nothing you can do to stop one from faking that info.

Sounds like he thinks there is some mechanism that enforces the "from" which actually works. SPF only goes so far.
Previous Topic: Very slow install on Intel X Serve
Next Topic: Spamassassin failure/error
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 17:39:26 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00395 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.