Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » iphone and exsisting contacts before Kerio use... (Initial sync of an iPhone lost the contacts (actually hid them) that were originally on the iPhone.)
  •  
scottwilkins

Send a private message to this user
Hi all.

I'm in need of an iPhone guru to help me figure this one out. So far I've only added new iPhones to our Kerio server. But today I added an iPhone for someone who had their iPhone for a while. That person had some contacts already inside the iPhone, and when I setup the Kerio server via Activesync/Exchange methods, now only the Kerio server contacts show up, and the original contacts seem no longer viewable. We believe they are still in the phone, because the first open of contacts shows the old list for 1 second, then moves to the new Kerio only list. I tried to do this move from sim card thing, and that didn't help any. I'm not an iPhone user, so I'm lost at what to do to fix this issue. Any ideas?

Scott

[Updated on: Fri, 12 December 2008 22:11]

•  
p0ddie

when syncing the contacts of an iPhone with KMS, the iPhone overwrites the contacts inside the phone with the contacts from KMS (the iPhones tells you this when you set up an Exchange account).

Your solution is simple: export the original iPhone contacts (the backup of those since the contacts are gone now) and import them into the personal contacts folder of the Kerio user, sync, and there they are Smile Also, be sure not to sync contacts with iSync anymore if you sync your contacts with Kerio via ActiveSync, those don't play nicely together..
  •  
scottwilkins

Poddie,

Thanks We'll try that and see what we can do. I will have to state that I did not see the contact erase warning when I setup the Kerio/Exchange thing though. Next one I setup, I'll look for that to see why I missed it. I'm used to other phones that do not do that, so this was a suprise. Live and learn...

Scott
Previous Topic: Kerio's internal LDAP and search fields such as phone #, city...
Next Topic: Problems showing and accessing mails
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Sep 21 01:53:00 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00590 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.