Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Problems showing and accessing mails
  •  
siggi

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,

a friend of mine is using Kerio Mailserver, installed a few years ago.

Now he saw in the Webmail-Interface, that the user 'admin' has an inbox of more than 1,000 mails and he wanted to delete them, because they are really old.

But if he tries to access the mailbox via mailclient (Thunderbird via IMAP) or via Kerio Webmail-Interface he can't access the mails.

The messages are counted, but he can't see them.

We have checked the store directory of the user and there are only 6 messages (.eml) in the inbox (not the reported more than 1,000).

If he tries to send a test message to this admin account he was told that there is a new message (bold folder name), but he can't see the new message.

After restarting the kerio service the problem still exists. Is this a problem affected by a damaged index or something similar?

How can we fix this display problem to show the actual Mails?

Thanks in advance
  •  
p0ddie

stop the server, rename the index.fld in the admin inbox to index.old and restart the server, then look into the mailbox again. KMS should have rebuilt the index (there should be a new index.fld) and everything should be a-ok.
  •  
siggi

Hi,

thanks for this possible solution.

I already thought, that it must be a damaged index, but i wasn't sure if i could delete the index-files after stopping the server service

I will post if the solution works (or not)
  •  
siggi

Hi,

as promised, my feedback.

After renaming the index.fld everything works as expected.

Thanks, greetings Uwe
Previous Topic: iphone and exsisting contacts before Kerio use...
Next Topic: Mailserver setup
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Sep 23 18:16:42 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00397 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.