Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio's internal LDAP and search fields such as phone #, city...
  •  
p0ddie

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I couldn't find an answer to this so maybe you guys can help me:

Using Kerio's LDAP (6.6.1 on OS X Server 10.4) I can easily do a full text search for any text that resides in the name or email address of a contact.

However, let's say I search for "paris" so I can find everyone living in Paris, I only get results of contacts such as "paris ramada" or "info<_a.t_>paris-hotel.com".

Is there a way to have Kerio query every field in a contact with the LDAP search?

Aside from finding contacts by their location, this could also prove useful if I use certain comments in a contact and then search for the comments, e.g. "VENDORS" or "CUSTOMERS". I would then not need groups anymore, since I can emulate a group by comments.

I tried with Thunderbird (2 and 3 beta), Entourage 2008, Apple Address Book (10.4 and 10.5) and of course with the KMS web interface, all just search in the fields mentioned above.

This has become a major issue over the past few months with many of my Kerio users, since they all want some sort of better LDAP search.

If the Kerio LDAP can't give me these features, will I be able to have this feature with OS X 10.4/10.5 server's LDAP? It's a bigger pain to set up but would be worth it...

Any insight on this would be very apreciated! Thanks!

[Updated on: Wed, 17 December 2008 23:01]

Previous Topic: Root webmail access
Next Topic: iphone and exsisting contacts before Kerio use...
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 09:46:15 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00364 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.