Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Load Balancing & Mutiple DynDNS issue (Multiple internet interface but one DynDNS)
  •  
conkthemonk

Send a private message to this user
How does DynDNS work when you have multiple internet interfaces using Load-Balance?

If you have multiple internet interfaces(2 x 4mb aDSL connections defined as internet interface)and if you Activate DynDNS it reports only one interface...

How about this? if we like to have both interfaces are dynamic and have their own DynDNS accounts.

KWF updates 1 interface but I want to know how does KWF decide on the interface.

I solved this by installing a DynDNS updater software behind KWF and also I had to create a custom rule that ensures updater uses the other internet interface(This is unacceptable for mission critical applications) and not repoting the one that KWF already reporting.

If anyone knows a better solution I am all ears. Shocked

Thanks

Ps: I think Kerio must make the DynDNS individually manageble and assignable for any interface.
  •  
Petr Dobry (Kerio)

conkthemonk wrote on Tue, 23 December 2008 01:53

(This is unacceptable for mission critical applications)

Just a side note: if you really run mission critical applications, you should consider more reliable internet connection than ADSL. With static IP, SLA, guaranteed bandwidth etc.

Petr Dobry
Product Development Manager | Kerio
  •  
Jan Jezek (Kerio)

In the load balancing mode, the interface with the highest assigned bandwidth is selected. If more interfaces have the same bandwidth, it is udefined which one will be selected.

If you need to update more interfaces, I suggest you use a client provided by the service provider.

Jan Jezek
Product Development Manager - Kerio Control
Kerio Technologies
  •  
conkthemonk

Kerio_pedobry wrote on Tue, 23 December 2008 10:20

conkthemonk wrote on Tue, 23 December 2008 01:53

(This is unacceptable for mission critical applications)

Just a side note: if you really run mission critical applications, you should consider more reliable internet connection than ADSL. With static IP, SLA, guaranteed bandwidth etc.

Petr next best thing to adsl around this location is a 128k data lease line. Thats why the load balancing would looks like a life saver. I have been waiting for this for a long time.

Ps: Adsl is also cheapest Laughing
Previous Topic: NAT
Next Topic: What do I do?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 19:41:12 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00381 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.