Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » ichat and jabber (Only IM antry field on the Kerio Mail Server)
  •  
alda

Send a private message to this user
Is there a way to store a jabber ID on the Server?
Would be nice, because once the contact is synced in the Adressbook the Contact is automatically identified when using ichat on the same workstation.

Or would anybody know a work araound

Thank you
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Contact created in AddressBook can contain special Instant Messaging field with type Jabber. This field is synchronized to the server and stored with the contact when using Kerio Sync Connector for Mac. Unfortnately, Exchange sync in AddressBook does not support this.
  •  
alda

How can this information directly be stored or edited on the server, through the web interface?
  •  
samvenning

Environment:
• Kerio Connect 7.0.1 hosting email, calendar and contact services (mail.company.com.au)
• Mac OS 10.6 Server (server03.company.com.au) hosting iChat Server service (jabber).
• Mac OS 10.6 client computers with Address Book connecting to Kerio Connect 7.0.1 server using CardDAV protocol (personal contacts and public/GAL contacts).
• Mac OS 10.6 client computers using iChat to connect to jabber service at server03.company.com.au

Behaviour:
I can edit personal contact records hosted in the Kerio Connect (personal) database using Address Book (using CardDAV protocol). It seems I can also add jabber information to a record... but only using Address Book. It isn't possible to add/edit/view/delete a jabber information in Kerio Connect's web interface. I expect Kerio has done this this is because Outlook clients typically don't provide a field to record jabber and other IM details.

This "support the lowest common denominator" client (ie Outlook) seems somewhat restrictive. It would be nice if we could view/edit/add/delete IM information in the Kerio Connect web interface.
  •  
samvenning

Environment:
• Kerio Connect 7.0.1 hosting email, calendar and contact services (mail.company.com.au)
• Mac OS 10.6 Server (server03.company.com.au) hosting iChat Server service (jabber).
• Mac OS 10.6 client computers with Address Book connecting to Kerio Connect 7.0.1 server using CardDAV protocol (personal contacts and public/GAL contacts).
• Mac OS 10.6 client computers using iChat to connect to jabber service at server03.company.com.au

Behaviour:
I can edit personal contact records hosted in the Kerio Connect (personal) database using Address Book (using CardDAV protocol). It seems I can also add jabber information to a record... but only using Address Book. It isn't possible to add/edit/view/delete a jabber information in Kerio Connect's web interface. I expect Kerio has done this this is because Outlook clients typically don't provide a field to record jabber and other IM details.

This "support the lowest common denominator" client (ie Outlook) seems somewhat restrictive. It would be nice if we could view/edit/add/delete IM information in the Kerio Connect web interface.
  •  
marook

samvenning wrote on Mon, 17 May 2010 08:39

Exactly! Every time we make bug & enhancement requests to Kerio, the reply is that they will not add this to the webinterface 'because then Outlook users will be confused".

At some point, the benefits of having a nice Mac/iPhone integration will be outweighted by all the things we can not do because a shitty old-crappy Outlook client in constantly keeping the rest of the world back! Mad

Why they don't simply put this 'filter' in the Outlook Connector and let the rest of the world move on, is beyond me!

At our own & customers installations, the 'Outlook score' is only 2-4% of users...

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
Previous Topic: Active Directory Extensions
Next Topic: help desk ticketing system for use with kerio connect
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 16:59:49 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00466 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.