Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » External connections with KOFF (External connections with KOFF)
  •  
aaronabc

Send a private message to this user
Hi

I am doing some testing with the KOC (Offline) connector. The connection between outlook and the mail server on the same network works fine.

The issue is when the user is connecting through the internet.

I understand that the KOC connector uses HTTPS. The user can access the web mail portal through the internet but gets the following error when using outlook.

Synchronizator::setOnlineInternal: Error while testing connection!

When the user is back on the internal network all works fine.

Has any found a fix for this issue or point me in the area that I have miss in the configuration?

I am using Outlook 2007. When i connect through the web mail portal i have to tell IE to continue using the security certificate as it has not be issued by a trusted certificate authority.

Thanks
  •  
sedell

aaronabc wrote on Tue, 30 December 2008 01:01

I am using Outlook 2007. When i connect through the web mail portal i have to tell IE to continue using the security certificate as it has not be issued by a trusted certificate authority.

Thanks

That's your problem, or at least part of it. You have to install the certificate on the machine. Outlook doesn't have a mechanism to prompt you that there is a problem with the cert, and ask if you want to continue anyway.

One way to do it is through IE. Go to webmail with IE. It should give you an option to view the certificate. There's an install button in the window that comes up to display the cert. IE and Outlook both use the same certificate store, so once you install it through IE, you should be good to go with Outlook.

Scott
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Make sure that hostname used in KOC account can be used from the Internet (outside).
  •  
aaronabc

Scott

If it was an issue with the certificate, would I also get this issue when trying to connect on the local LAN? I connect through port 443 for both internal and external.

When I try opening the webmail portal from the LAN and WAN I have to say use the certificate.

What is the best certificate store to put the Keio one in?

Thanks
  •  
aaronabc

pdobry

When setting up the MAPI profile for Outlook I use my domain name in the KOC. When I am on the internal network in the windows Hosts file I point my Domain name to the IP address of the Kerio server. When I am trying to connect Outlook through the internet I comment this entry in the Hosts file out and my router sends any requests on port 443 to the Kerio server.

Is this what you were referring too?

Thanks
  •  
sedell

aaronabc wrote on Wed, 31 December 2008 17:16

If it was an issue with the certificate, would I also get this issue when trying to connect on the local LAN? I connect through port 443 for both internal and external.

If the certificate wasn't issued by a trusted certificate authority, you should get the error no matter where you connect from or what domain name/IP address you use to connect. It's still an untrusted certificate authority regardless of how you connect.

aaronabc wrote on Wed, 31 December 2008 17:16

What is the best certificate store to put the Keio one in?

There's an option to automatically select which certificate store to put it in. It should place it in the 'Trusted Root Certification Authorities' store.

Scott
Previous Topic: sync from exchange server
Next Topic: KMS SPAM
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 14:54:02 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00388 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.