Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Load Balancing
  •  
moro666

Send a private message to this user
Now, I'm useing Load Balance Feature.
I have 2 ADSL lines , 2mbps for each

I just want to know if:
1- I enable NAT (Balancing per Connection) for HTTP service

2- I start downloading a file with a download manager that can part this file to 8 parts ( = 8 connections )

Does this file will be downloaded through both lines ?
so I can get full 4mbps download speed ( ~ 400 KB/s) ?

when I do this test, I noticed that all 8 connections go through JUST one ADSL line.

I got another note, but not sure if I'm right:
I think balancing Can NOT be done on the same remote address at the same time.. am I right ?

the only increased speed I get, when I start downloading 2 different files from 2 different sites at the same time.

for example:
- downloading Norton virus update file from symantec.com
- downloading McAfee virus update file from mcafee.com
- All these 2 files will be downloaded through HTTP (port80)

at this case, I got all 8 connections for Norton downloaded from one Line.
And all 8 connections for McAfee downloaded from the second line.

Total download speed for 2 files = both lines speeds = 400 kb/s

for Norton = 200 kb/s ------> going through Line 1
for McAfee = 200 kb/s ------> going through Line 2

SO...
How Can I Get to download just 1 file using both ADSL lines ?

Mohammad Habeeb
  •  
moro666

No Reply tell now !!

[Updated on: Fri, 02 January 2009 21:01]

Mohammad Habeeb
  •  
Jan Jezek (Kerio)

If you enable balancing per connection for HTTP, you would have the connections distributed between the links. But it's never guaranteed as it depends on the actual link usage. Keep in mind that load balancing is most effective in big numbers, i.e. for greater number of clients. Furthermore, if you enable per connection balancing for all HTTP, you will have compatibility problems with some websites.

Jan Jezek
Product Development Manager - Kerio Control
Kerio Technologies
  •  
moro666

Yes.. I noticed that later, When there's No Load at both links, I manged to have distributed connections for 1 file.

& for compatibility problems for HTTP-(Load Balance Per Connection)
I still didn't find major problems, & still testing..

My Network clients are hungry for speed & downloads, & there's no major activities, like remote site management, etc...

That's why I'm willing about testing this Load Balance Method.

I hop find more help about how to force Kerio distribute this one file connections, maybe some editing to (winroute.cfg) ???

Any Help are welcome...

Mohammad Habeeb
  •  
ryansumm

Hello guys,
i'am in the same boat, i have two broadband connections one 12mb one 13mb, i have been playing with the load balancing settings and can not get this to work properly

ie downloading from newsgroups my provider can handle 12 connections reguardless of ip address, so on one machine i was expecting to see my newsgroup downloader to use both connections however it only uses one of my broadband feeds , however if i set it to 6 connections on one pc then on another pc use another 6 connections then this uses both my broadband connections, how can i do this one my orginal one pc with the 12 connections

any help would be greatly appriacted

many thank ryan
Previous Topic: Stop authentication if NTLM auhentication fails
Next Topic: Can't make any port mappings, please help [resolved]
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 17:03:10 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00448 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.