Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Multiple access to user's mailbox (Head of department needs access to user's mailbox)
  •  
Sqrmincoil

Send a private message to this user
I was wondering if anyone knew how to grant a user access to another user's mailbox. The head of one of the departments needs access to one of his subordinates mailboxes. This is supposed to be hush-hush to the subordinate. I want to avoid aliasing and forwarding, as the head of the department will only receive new email.

Thank you in advance,

Dave
  •  
lodewijk

Desperately in need of the answer for this issue my self!

i have been "faking" this by digging out all of a users emails from the archives, then copy those to a managers account, the setting up forwards for new mails.... this is very tedious and should be easier no?

might this be the solution?

http://www.sonian.net/kerio
  •  
My IT Indy

Why not make the boss a delegate to the user's mailbox? They can see the mail live if they want.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
lodewijk

HoosierMac wrote on Sat, 03 January 2009 13:12

Why not make the boss a delegate to the user's mailbox? They can see the mail live if they want.

the user must not know, or be able to find out they are under investigation...
  •  
My IT Indy

Why not create a webmail rule that any email coming in that routes all email to somebody else?

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
shaggie16

I have been asked to this several times by several of our customers.

The way I do it is a little long winded, and there may be an easier way, but I wanted to make sure that no read receipts or NDRs make it back anywhere.

I set up an account called journal

I have switched on the archive mail to local address option - this then makes a copy of all inbound and outbound mail, and I set this to deliver to journal<_a.t_>domain.com

Within Webmail, I login as journal, set up two folders, one called xxinbound, one called xxoutbound where xx is the name of the employee who is being watched!

I then set up rules within webmail as follows:

1) If msg is FROM xx<_a.t_>domain.com move to xxoutbound
2) If msf is TO xx<_a.t_>domain.com move to xxinbound
3) Reject all other msgs

I can then share the xxinbound and xxoutbound folders with permissions for the manager to view, and then set them up on the managers machine.

It is longwinded, but it works.
Previous Topic: Exchange Server Mangles Messages
Next Topic: Apple iCal + Kerio CalDav
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 09:54:14 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00504 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.