Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Email outside in domain (email outside in domain)
  •  
shafi

Send a private message to this user
dear,

i have configured Kerio 6.6.0, i have a problem with this when sending email.

we have 2 branch offices (at remote location), IN head office i have configured Kerio Email but in branch office they people use webmail provided by Hosting,

when someone sent email from Headoffice (zia<_a.t_>ikan.com.pk) to branch office (shafi<_a.t_>ikan.com.pk), kerio replied that this email (shafi<_a.t_>ikan.com.Pk) doesn't exist in ikan.com.pk domain.

is there any way to send email on same domain at remote office.

please help
  •  
mani_condors

Hi,
it seems that you need to create the email accounts for all users and map them or forward them all to that domain of the web mail; to my understanding they are using a different domain name rather than you are receiving mails from the internet to your server, am i right? if not how you receive emails from others over the internet?

To use Forwarding on Kerio simply
1 login the admin console
2 Navigate to users section ; double click the user name you want
3 select forwarding tab
4 Enter the forward to email address ex local domain is xxx.com
yyy<_a.t_>xxx.com --> zzz<_a.t_>hotmail.com

hope this helps.
Thanks and regards.
Mani
  •  
sedell

You could use the option "If recipient not found in this domain, forward the message to another host" option. Go to Configuration -> Domains -> Edit domain -> Forwarding tab. Keep in mind this could potentially cause a delivery loop for invalid addresses if the remote server has a similar option enabled.

Scott
  •  
shafi

dear

i have one domain "ikan.com.pk". almost 40 users using kerio in head office and 30 more using email from webmail at remote location a distance between both office ia 150km thats why one end have kerio email server and second end just browse webmail.

when any user send email from location 1 to location 2 then error comes because location 2 email address not found in kerio email server, because this email operated by user at location 2 through webmail.

please any other solution for this problem.

thanks in advance
  •  
Levan

I think Sedells method should work.
Consider this
Primary Location (KMS)
UserA<_a.t_>domain.com
UserB<_a.t_>domain.com

Seconday Location
UserC<_a.t_>domain.com

If User A sends to User B - it is facilited by Kerio locally
If User B sends to User C it would fail as Kerio has no mailbox for User C and thus reports the username does not exist

SO under Domain setting you need to foward mail to the Webhosts SMTP server. usually mapped in DNS as mail.domain.com
or you can specify an IP address.

The problem you may run into is MX entries. Check your mx entries to ensure they are setup properly.
Does your primary domain recieve mail directly or download it via a hosted pop acount.?

I had exactly the same setup working like a treat. I eventually decided I wanted more control over the remote users mail and opened https ports to the remote location IP address's allowing KOFF to work over the internet.

Previous Topic: Performance of large mailbox
Next Topic: Mutiple domain + multiple location
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 21:03:44 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00471 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.