Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Out of office Reply - Activating by an Administrator
  •  
newton21

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

is there a way to activate Out-of-Office replies from within Kerio Administration console? Couldn't find any.

In our office people often forget to activate it in the webmail interface and I don't want to reset their passwords just to activate the reply for them.

Thanks in advance
  •  
Osmin

Hello

is there any possibility to do this?

regards
  •  
ccjwells

Unless the feature was implemented in Kerio Connect, you still have to do it manually. One workaround that I saw involved users published from Active/Open Directory. If you have AD/OD users, you can set them to manual authentication with a password you know, set the Out of office reply, and then turn AD/OD authentication back on.

And don't forget to log a feature request for the option.
  •  
marook

It's not (yet!) a feature in KC7.

One workaround could be to change the rule that handles the users OoO reply, but I haven't messed with that.

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
marook

You could also simply edit the users Vacation Rule.

It's the 'filter.siv' file in the root of the users store: kerio/mailserver/store/mail/domain.tld/username/filter.siv

There is two rules always there: #!1 __WebmailJunk__ & #!1 __WebmailJunk__

'#!0__' seems to mean Disabled (although the rule itself is also commented out)
'#!1__' seems to mean Enabled

#!0 __WebmailAutoreply__
#if true
#{
#  vacation
#     :days 7 "I'm IN the office...."
#}

#!1 __WebmailAutoreply__
if true
{
  vacation
     :days 7 "I'm out of the office...."
}

Just tested, and the filter.siv file seems to be dynamically checked each time it's needed, so it's (Yes!) not nessesary to restart the Kerio mailserver process for this to take effect.. Smile

Regards,

Jakob Peterhänsel
Consultant - Humac A/S

Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
AppleSeed/CQF member since 1998
Kerio Messaging Partner
  •  
chrwei

I can confirm that editing the siv file does work. It's also a way to add advanced sieve rules that the GUI doesn't support.
Previous Topic: How to transfer Mails & addr book from outlook to Kerio
Next Topic: How to...??
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 16:43:08 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00438 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.