Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Mutiple domain + multiple location
  •  
altivec

Send a private message to this user
Here the big thing i have in mind.

Our company have multiple domain and also multiple location.

Let's start easy....

Domain:
domain.com
domain.eu

office2

Right now both domain are in Office1 i would like to keep domain.eu in Office1 and some users also from domain.com

major part of users of domain.com are in Office2 and also have a kerio setup there as a backup MX.

Big issue both domain use same public folder and i would like to keep it that way. Is there a was i can still have both domain sharing the same public domain but set the hosting of some user data (i am using KOFF) with their main office.

edit: I know i can foward if user ain't find in my first MX but how will public folder work in that case ?

Thank for your help!

[Updated on: Tue, 06 January 2009 00:13]

KMS1 6.7.2: Xserve 10.5.8 - 150 users
KMS2 6.7.2: Xserve 10.5.8 - 50 users
KMS3 6.7.2: Xserve 10.5.8 - 10 users/MX BackUp
KMS4 Beta: Xserve 10.5.8 - MX BackUp2
iPhone/WindowsMobile/Blackberry/Nokia

KWF Beta: HP DL380 on ESXi 4.0 - 60 users
  •  
Levan

Send a private message to this user
As I understand it Public folders are specific to each instance of KMS. So if you change the users to connect to the backup version of KMS they wont have access to the public folders on the primary server. KOFF connects to one server only.

I would have thought that splitting your office like this would defeat the purpose of a backup mailserver.

However you could forward create an alias such as public_2<_a.t_>domain.com on the backup and forward any email as a recieved into the public<_a.t_>domain.com and thus dropped into the public folder would get dropped into a duplicate public folder at the backup server. This depends on how the public folders are viewed and what info is stored in them...obviously this doesnt work for public folder based on notes, tasks or calenders only those receiving email

Previous Topic: Email outside in domain
Next Topic: Security Concern
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Sep 24 17:40:57 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00422 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.