Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio 6.6.1 - Leopard 10.5.5 - Address Book Corruption? (Odd data issues when synching with Kerio Sync Connector)
  •  
support@pentagram.com

Send a private message to this user
I have a group of users all synching to several public contact folders, as a means to share contact data between users. There are just under 3,000 contact records and all "seemed' to be going pretty well. Then, recently, one user accidentally over-wrote the data in the largest public folder with old, out of date data. That required us to go back to a saved vCard export to re-populate the public folder data.

The process was:
-- Sync to each individual folder to Address Book, using KSC
-- Delete all the 'bad' records
-- Resync to the folder
-- Import the "good" vCards into Address Book
-- Resync to the folder
-- Repeat for each public folder needing to be cleaned up
-- Resync everyone's Address Book, via KSC
(I'll admit that we didn't turn off all user's KSC before we 'exchanged' the data...)

That seemed to work pretty well. Then I got a call from my boss, who's team this is, complaining of several duplicate entries and odd, mixed up data (addresses and phone numbers from one contact ending up on another...).

Some of the dupes were due to his having similar/duplicate entries in his own "Contacts" folder, which was also synching to Address Book. Others seemed to have been created by the sync process.

We cleaned up any problems we found, but the big fear is that there are other corrupt records we simply haven't checked yet.

Has anyone else come across mixed up contact information and/or duplicates created by the KSC to/from Address Book sync process?

I'm desperate for a solid solution. Thanks.
  •  
d.

Send a private message to this user
Hi there.

We're seeing similar problems with Kerio Sync Connector. (Not exactly the same -- but similar).

It's when we sync and individual's address book with Kerio Sync Connector, to their webmail account.

Or when the user syncs to an iPhone 3G.

The results of either type of sync is often that address book contacts are lost.

Also, existing groups in the Address Book are still "there", but they are empty.

So, no solution for your problem. Just a "me too" type of post! At least you know you're not alone with similar types of problems!

Cheers,
D.

Previous Topic: SMTP does not save mails
Next Topic: Double Entries in Directory Server and No iCal Autocomplete
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 17:44:39 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00416 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.