Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Spam - marked as read?
  •  
netphreak

Send a private message to this user
Hi, my first post here Smile

After evaluating Kerio for some days I have found a few things annoying me a little (that said - I must say I'm impressed with what Kerio MailServer can deliver!).

The thing that bothers me most is that spam messages moved to spam folder is not marked as read... But worse - I can't find a way to mark messages as read by manually creating rules either?

There must be a way to do this?

Thank you Smile
  •  
sgongola

I also don't see a way to set such a flag using kerio webmail scripts. Curiously, why does it matter for spam and what are you trying to do that you need to set the spam email to "read" automatically if it has net yet been read by someone?
  •  
netphreak

The reason? Easy enough - there will always be a number of spam messages delivered to the clients - depending on your business there's users who can't have too strict spam rules. I'd rather give users a few too many mails... For some users this can easily be 10 - 20 messages a day.

Maybe it doesn't make sense to everyone to mark these messages as read, since they are not. But I know the question will come!

But hey, if I'm the only one with this wish, I'm probably thinking wrong. It happens Wink
  •  
chrwei

you aren't the only one. a lot of spam tools have this option. I think the reason it's currently not an option is that there is no rule action to mark as read.

Outlook and Thunderbird both have "mark as read" rule actions available, so a better question than "why would you want this?" is "why should Kerio NOT have it?".
Previous Topic: SMTP 599 error
Next Topic: Managing Deleted Items vs Recover Deleted Items
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 06:17:03 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00436 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.