Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Error: - LDAP Server is not available (Newbie setup - Error: - LDAP Server is not available)
  •  
petermacman

Send a private message to this user
Hi Fellow Users
I have a 10.5.6 OSX Server running on dual 2.8 Intel as Open Directory services running, internal DNS and DHCP/LDAP server. On another machine - eMac 10.5.6 client version I installed Kerio on a Static IP address with DNS pointing to the OD/DNS Server. My problem is connecting up to the LDAP server. I am unable to connect the mail server to the OD server via LDAP. Can anybody assist please?
The eMac mail server responds to fwd/reverse dns check and so does the OD. DNS seems OK. However due to a weird relationship with our ISP I have no access to our router. I have sent an email to my ISP to make changes to our router given the port suggestions in the manual but don't know when this will occur however this (I hope) should not effect LDAP (right?) for testing internal email in the mean time.
The Server
OD Svr is OD master; Running services are -LDAP, PasswdSvr and Kerberos. ldap search base is dc=servername,dc=domain,dc=com,dc=au; Kerberos Realm: SERVERNAME.DOMAIN.COM.AU; IP Address - 192.168.1.250
Client - 192.168.1.252; dns - 192.168.1.250; search domain - domain.com.au
Kerio - Configuration Domain settings
General tab- domain.com.au; directory service tab- I checked 'Map users....; Directory Service type is OD Kerberos; Hostname - servername; username - diradmin;
I tested the connection which resulted in an error - "Cannot bind to LDAP (invalid credentials) check usename and password". - Yet, I can login from this mac to the server thru the go menu without errorusing same u/n and p/w. BTW In the Advanced TAB the Kerberos 5 OD name is DOMAIN.COM.AU and checked to bind with 192.168.1.250. I hope this is sufficient info and that you can assist. This may be a stupid question but is it because I haven't got the LDAP port open yet on the router that bind won't authenticate??? Oh and BTW the OD Extension is installed on the OD server.

[Updated on: Wed, 14 January 2009 08:56]

•  
petermacman

Send a private message to this user
Please accept my apologies. The LDAP server is now binding. I think it is because the router port has been opened for LDAP but I have to say I thought internal communications running through an unmanaged switch were not affected by the router.
Previous Topic: KMS 6.6.1 - iPhone w/ Activesync problem
Next Topic: LDAP search base configuration for SPAM device
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 09:38:57 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00412 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.