Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Error 0x80072F0D on Windows Mobile 6.1
  •  
vectra69

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

i try to use the ActiveSync on my SonyEricson X1 mit WindowsMobile 6.1.

By connecting to the Kerion Server i got the Error 0x80072F0D,
the certificate is invalid. Please install a valid one, on the
server.

Also everytime when i use the webinterface also the browser
gives an error cause of the certificate.

Waht is to do?

Thanks!

Andreas
  •  
feijin

install the certificate
  •  
TorW

There are at least two scenarios involved in this error message:

1. You have a server certificate that isn't signed by a CA your phone knows about. The solution here is to download the root certificate to the Windows Mobile 6.1 device and install it. On 6.1. This is very easy: just open the .cer file in the file manager and it will install itself.

or

2. You have a server certificate which needs an intermediate certificate on the server.The solution here is to also install the intermediate certificate on the server as explained here: http://www.kerio.eu/manual/kms/en/sect-kmscert.html

We had to do the latter in order to get rid of the 0x80072F0D error after changing SSL certificate to Verisign's EV (Extended Validation) cert.

It's the server's job to send the server certificate and the intermediate certificate to the client, and when it doesn't, you get the dreaded 0x80072F0D error. The reason is that the client sees an incomplete certificate chain and complains.
Previous Topic: SMTP authorization
Next Topic: Outgoing SMTP copy
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 19:47:43 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00353 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.