Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Recover from backup
  •  
yukiomishima

Send a private message to this user
Howdy

a user deleted a bunch of files/folders from their email account (entourage on a mac)

we have our clients set to connect to kerio via IMAP... so... the emails have been deleted from the server

question is.... i need to recover the folders/files that were deleted

at the moment i am "backing up" the server everyday (currently the folder contains 89gb of data)

what do i need to do to recover the data

thanks

yukioMishima

•  
ccjwells

If you are using the Kerio built in back up, you just need to find the zip file containing that particular users files/folders and restore it into his mail directory. If he still has some mail in there that was received the current day, you may need to rename the index.fld to index.bad and reindex the files. just make sure your user is not logged in when you do this. You may also want to do a quick forum search and make sure I have the right process, it's been a while since I had to recover that much mail.
  •  
d.

Hello.

Did you try the undelete function in Kerio Mail Server?

Go to Domain Settings -> Users -> select user -> select "Recover Deleted items" from the bottom of the window.

You will get a large number of items if the user has deleted a lot, but that may not be such a problem.

(This is from Kerio Mail Server 6.6).

Cheers,
Derek

•  
Lisa Lyons (Kerio)

You can also use kmsrecover, a command line tool designed to extract all or some of your messages or mailboxes from your KMS Backup archive.

Details on KMS recover are here: http://www.kerio.com/manual/kms/en/sect-kmsrecover.html

While it looks complicated, there are some very helpful examples at the bottom.

Kerio Technical Support
Log Support Incidents here: http://www.kerio.com/support
Also, please use our KB: http://kb.kerio.com
Previous Topic: Odd mailserver.cfg file behavior
Next Topic: Entourage userdefined fields in Contacts
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 00:36:11 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00429 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.