Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Migrate away from Kerio (but not all!) (Just some...)
  •  
mmccloy

Send a private message to this user
Hi All,

I've got a number of clients on kerio for email, but they're not paying for the service, it's just all we had early on in our hosting days. The server's a bit sluggish and there's too much data to defrag it well, so I need to move these boxes off kerio. Maybe 50 users or so. I have another mail solution (plain old pop mail) which is all these folks want or need anyway. The problem is, I need to migrate them as smoothly as possible. Then I will be able to free up server space, get a clean defrag done and keep it defragged. (yea, we weren't defragging at all for a while, oops!)

Anyone have a recommendation on how to move email contents from kerio to a pop/imap server? I think some users may have checked 'leave messages on server for 10 days' option in outlook.

Any advice from you seasoned pro's out there would be great.

Thanks!
  •  
mmccloy

Send a private message to this user
Think I may have answered my own question - after checking out tools in the other system, there's a function that lets you download mail from another server. I can make the new server connect to kerio and download all the messages. Cool

any other migration advice still welcome, of course

thanks!
Previous Topic: Result: failed, Status: 4.4.1 Cannot connect to remote host
Next Topic: Archive usability
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Sep 23 18:22:17 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00436 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.