Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Archiving older emails
  •  
cbsys

Send a private message to this user
Does anyone know how I could archive older emails and move them from the inbox to another folder automatically?

Im not talking about the archive feature on the server, which keeps a copy of everything, but I refer to a way of keeping the size of the inbox low by automatically moving older emails to a different folder.

You can do this in outlook itself using PST and exchange connections, but there doesnt appear to be a way of doing it with the kerio connector.
  •  
p0ddie

hey,

same situation here, I want the users to keep their inboxes small. My problem is there is a mail account with 10 users (the general info<_a.t_>) and they have like 50,000 objects in there. This slows down Entourage to a crawl.

We came up with this idea:

create a subfolder in the public folders, naming it "<user> Archive" and then once a month copy all old mails into that folder. Of course, this has to be done manually every month. Since you don't need to subscribe to this subfolder in your mail client, you don't pull the entire index of that folder every time you open your mail client, the inbox is empty, but the files are still there.

Not perfect. I wish there was something like GFI Mail Archiver für Exchange implemented into KMS.

Any other ideas would be welcomed. I don't think the archive function of KMS is remotely the right thing for what we want to do...
  •  
rex.withers

Check this thread: http://forums.kerio.com/index.php?t=msg&th=12982&S=2 74d54bfb94db6af8428ef2c2bd2d4a0 that has some good concept discussions and solutions.

I am using Mailstore (http://www.mailstore.com) and it *does* keep all the folders etc. And can delete anything over 1 year or whatever you prefer.
Previous Topic: Inviting Multiple people to a Calendar meeting, and allowing Accept / Deny to the meeting
Next Topic: Terminal Server 2008 Outlook 2000 and KOC
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Sep 21 12:38:44 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00346 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.