Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KOFF - Multiple Accounts (Multiple KOFF accounts in Outlook)
  •  
etieseler

Send a private message to this user
Hello All,

Is there a way to setup 2 Kerio email accounts in Outlook using KOFF? I know when we first set it up we could not, we had to use one KOFF account and one IMAP account. Of course IMAP does not provide all the features necessary and we have occasional problems where mail folders cannot be viewed in Outlook but work just fine in the web interface.

Just checking to see if there has been anyone else that figured out a work around or if this is a planned feature in an upcoming release.

Thanks in advance!

-Ed
  •  
mrralan

This cannot be done. It is my understanding that this is a limitation with Outlook and MAPI accounts, not Kerio. This being the case means that it would not be possible with Exchange either.
  •  
etieseler

Thats what I noticed in the forums here... but the system we used before Kerio which was Bynari (www.bynari.net) we were able to use their connector and have two different accounts in the same outlook profile.

Maybe they did not use MAPI, I'm not sure, but we were able to have two accounts.

...Perhaps Kerio could take a look at what they are doing to see if its possible to integrate into this product... Just a thought... It would be a compelling feature especially if Exchange cannot do this.

-Ed
  •  
radek08

etieseler wrote on Fri, 23 January 2009 17:08

It would be a compelling feature especially if Exchange cannot do this.

Exchange can do this...
  •  
etieseler

radek08 wrote on Wed, 11 February 2009 00:51

etieseler wrote on Fri, 23 January 2009 17:08

It would be a compelling feature especially if Exchange cannot do this.

Exchange can do this...

I had thought Exchange could... no first hand experience with Exchange however.

So how about:

It would be a compelling comparable feature that my company could utilize, especially because Exchange can do this.
  •  
simonkenning

Could you not use an Attached Mailbox? For example in Kerio Outlook Connection Configuration go to the Other Mailbox tab and attach an existing user's mailbox. Of course you would have to have correct permissions granted by the user in order to see Inbox and subfolders etc. You could reply to any messages within the attached mailbox and change the From Address by clicking the drop down arrow on Options (when using MS Word to compose message)and chosing the email address of the user you wish to send as. The recipient would receive the message as if the other user had sent it but would also show from "your username / email address on behalf of the other user". I believe this is how Exchange also handles this situation.
  •  
radek08

not Attached Mailbox, but Attached Folder, and that is not the same. In Exchange you can connect whole mailbox, include all folders.

"You could reply to any messages within the attached mailbox and change the From Address...."
That is the first problem.

"granted by the user in order to see Inbox and subfolders etc...."
That is the second problem.
Try to imagine this in department with ten users and one (or more) shared mailbox with many subfolders

The 3rd problem:
When you reply to incoming message in shared folder, in which send box will you see this message?

The 4th problem:
I remember, there were problems to offline synchronize this shared folder in Outlook.

Previous Topic: Duplicate file removal
Next Topic: Rules for outgoing messages
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Nov 20 16:23:37 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00452 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.