Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Client Connection Problem
  •  
forbesb

Send a private message to this user
I am having problem with one particular user on our network. They use Outlook Express on Windows XP Prof and we are running Kerio Mailserver 6.5.1-6098 on Windows 2000 server. We use IMAP for message retrieval and SMTP for client sending.

Most of the time the user can send/receive e-mails no problem but randomly (several times a week) they cannot send any e-mails and OE seems to hang.

This happened on Friday (23rd) afternoon and I noticed the following entries in the server security log at the time:

[23/Jan/2009 16:47:53] SMTP Spam attack detected from 192.168.50.25, client closed connection before SMTP greeting
[23/Jan/2009 16:59:24] SMTP Spam attack detected from 192.168.50.25, client closed connection before SMTP greeting
[23/Jan/2009 17:08:40] SMTP Spam attack detected from 192.168.50.25, client closed connection before SMTP greeting
[23/Jan/2009 17:08:57] SMTP Spam attack detected from 192.168.50.25, client closed connection before SMTP greeting

The user had four e-mails that had not been sent in the outbox but they all went some time after the final message in the log.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this intermittent problem with this user, no-one else is having problems. Confused
  •  
forbesb

I have logged this as a support ticket and will post any solution for general information.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

I guess there is some desktop antivirus with SMTP inspection which use very low timeout for network connection. Anyway, it does not make much sense to have enabled SpamRepellent for local connections. Add an exclusion list of local IP address to Spam Repellent settings.

[Updated on: Mon, 26 January 2009 17:38]

•  
My IT Indy

I've seen this happen if they're sending an email to somebody on the same server but they have a typo in the email address.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
forbesb

We aren't using any spam repellent on the client side, this is mostly taken care of by Kerio Server very well. We do use anti-virus but e-mail checking is disabled as we have MacAfee on Kerio Mailserver.

I think this could be some comms issue with this PC, I will need to investigate further. Thanks for your suggestions.
Previous Topic: Little pesky issues!! 8o
Next Topic: iPhone Activesync
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Sep 21 05:17:35 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00908 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.