Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Need strategy to switch server machines (Trying to plan a move from distant server to local)
  •  
mrshermanoaks

Send a private message to this user
I've got a KMS system that's been working great, but I'm taking the machine out of the hosting facility and will be handling mail internally. So I'm trying to figure out the best way to switch servers. I have the new server up and running already, albeit with no accounts and nothing set up. I have set up a domain name for the server and added it as a secondary MX entry.

The trick is the amount of time I'll need to move the files. My plan was to run a backup on the existing server and then restore that backup on the new server. There is about 6gb of mail on the existing server. Seeing as how the backup itself takes an hour or two, and then transferring the backup files over to the new server will take a few hours - I'm trying to figure out what to do with the email that comes in during those hours. Should I then schedule an incremental backup after I've downloaded my full backup, and download that backup too before my restore?

Anyone done this kind of move before and have suggestions or tips? Thanks.

[Updated on: Thu, 29 January 2009 19:20]

•  
My IT Indy

Send a private message to this user
If you're using Linux boxes or Mac servers you can use rsync to sync the mailstore and the config files.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
Previous Topic: catching a spy...
Next Topic: kerio mail server compatibility
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 09:50:26 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00410 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.