Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Admin Console with Windows 7
  •  
modcar

Send a private message to this user
Is there any plans to have the admin console installable in Windows 7?

I have tried running it in compatibility mode, with no luck.
  •  
rkovelman

I am surprised it wont install?
  •  
modcar

So am I.

I have attached a screen shot of the install

I have tried it in win 2000, xp, 2003 and vista compatibility modes.

• Attachment: Kerio.png
    (Size: 20.48KB, Downloaded 478 times)
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Please wait until Windows 7 will be added to the list of supported systems. It requires a huge amount of testing to ensure full compatibility of KMS with every new system. Otherwise we cannot guarantee that it will work there.
  •  
modcar

No prob, I just assumed seems it worked under Vista it would work under 7 - seems to be the trend so far.
  •  
rkovelman

In this case the Kerio installer does a registry check on the OS version. Since Kerio defined certain OS types in the installer that it will install on, you cant until they fix that. It will probably work out of the box once they fix that.
  •  
ccjwells

There are ways to get KOFF/Admin Console working in windows 7 that are detailed here: http://forums.kerio.com/index.php?t=msg&goto=58949&S =c64beda2837389c46a16ffb94b51f5d6

Just keep in mind that it is not supported or recommended....
  •  
modcar

thanks for the link, no support is in mind Smile
  •  
fenx

Kerio_pdobry wrote on Fri, 30 January 2009 04:41

Please wait until Windows 7 will be added to the list of supported systems. It requires a huge amount of testing to ensure full compatibility of KMS with every new system. Otherwise we cannot guarantee that it will work there.

I understand it isn't fully tested, It would be nice if they would allow it to be installed, and put it under the beta section. After all Windows 7 is a beta OS anyway; any certification they do for the beta OS will go out the window when Windows 7 goes final.

James M. Williams
I.T. Manager
The World Of Erhard.
BMW, Land Rover, and Automark Collision.
Previous Topic: Entourage and Sharing Calendar Subfolders
Next Topic: Uninstall KOC
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Sep 24 12:17:14 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00462 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.