Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Duplicate LDAP entries in Mac OS X Address Book
  •  
renefn

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I'm new to KMS and is currently running a test server to evaluate the product. I'm pretty impressed!

I have one issue, and that is that when I perform a search in KMS's LDAP server on Mac OS X (it's enabled in Directory Utility) I get two entries per user! It only happens in Address Book and Directory.app and not in Apple Mail or iCal, where each user is only displayed once.

As far as I remember this didn't happen in the beginning, but I have been experimenting with having the LDAP entered in either Directory Utility or in Address Book and perhaps something strange happened during these tests?

Can anyone shed a light on this?

The users are coming from Active Directory and mapped to KMS. I have of course made sure that the Mac isn't searching the AD as well. That would also be quite obvious since they have a different address in the AD (user<_a.t_>ADdomain and not user<_a.t_>MAILdomain).

Regards
René Frej Nielsen

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
  •  
Yohann94

I've never been able to make Adress Book work correctly with Kerio. I think it's an Adresse Book issue, but it's very fustrating. If someone has any more success...
  •  
renefn

Hi,

In the meantime I have been studying the Administrator's Guide and it states that if a user is published to the Contacts folder twice, then it will show up as a duplicate. I guess that must have done that sometime...

I have reinstalled KMS on a Windows server to get NTLM authentication and have yet to see if the issue is still present.

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
  •  
Yohann94

About duplicate entry, you have to log in on webmail with the admin user and you'll be able to manage the public contacts list (remove, add or modify contacts).
  •  
renefn

OK, thank you for that detail. I was already wondering how to fix it if I happened to do it again.

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
Previous Topic: KOFF Sync conflicts when accounts accessed from 2nd PC
Next Topic: 3rd Party POP3 Connector
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 09:29:26 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00409 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.