Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Maximum Users 6.5
  •  
fcorey

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I have been trial running the Kerio 6.5 Firewall since yesterday. I have 600 users on my network in total. I have only been running it for one day now and have integrated it with Active directory. My network is on a school campus using Cisco Aironet Wireless Access points.

The firewall WAN interfaces into a syswan OCTSW88 multiwan gateway router that has 4 6mbps ADSL Lines. The Syswan device essentially acts as one persistent internet connection for the WAN interface.

We used to use Mikrotik OS Router 2.9 but it would have CPU spikes when over 200 users connected and they would lose their internet connectivity.

I like the Kerio product mostly because it integrates with Active directory so well. However this afternoon now that I have over 200 users connected, the Kerio Firewall seems to stop responding for a few minutes at a time and users lose all internet connectivity. After a minute or so it starts working again. I have eliminiated the problem to be with the Multiwan gateway attached to the WAn interface on the Firewall as I have another test system in place and when the internet stops responding for the users who are connected through it the PC attached directly to the Syswan device still has perfect internet connectivity.

Is this a known issue when too many users connect through the device and if so what can I do to troubleshoot it? I would purchase the enterprise version of Kerio if I can make it stable and always working for my users.

Please advise

•  
RHarmsen.nl

You should rather contact Kerio Support in order to find out if this is a problem with Winroute or not.

Next to this:
- What hardware does Winroute run on? CPU,MEM,NICs etc.
- What is the CPU usage of Winroute when this issue arrises?
- Is another process hogging the CPU?
- Can your WAN device support that many simultaneous connections from one device?

- What does Winroute do? Are there any scanners or filters active?
  •  
moro666

See my topic Here

is this problem like yours ??

Also, check this Video on Youtube
this what I'm facing with Kerio 6.5.2

[Updated on: Sat, 14 February 2009 03:16]

Mohammad Habeeb
Previous Topic: Nat a single address
Next Topic: avserver.exe on kwf 6.5.2
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Sep 20 13:15:55 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00394 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.