Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Windows 7
  •  
exportgoldman

Send a private message to this user

Hello,

I am running Windows 7 Beta , and am wondering when Kerio are going to make their Kerio Connector compatible with Windows 7.

At the moment it complains that the windows version is wrong.

And yes, I know it's a beta and betas are dangerous beasts which shouldn't be run in production but I am brave and strong Smile
  •  
exportgoldman

OK, I have hacked the MSI to not check for Windows Versions (The tool I had only allowed me to delete lines not edit them.)

And I also took out a CustomAction to register winhttp.dll which seems to now ship with Windows 7 and was failing.

I have uploaded this to http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/63745/kerio-koff-6.6.2-7165-win32 -hacked-win7.msi if anyone else needs it.

Smile
  •  
rex.withers

I have been using Kerio Outlook 2007 and Windows 7 for about 2 weeks without any major problems, all in all the Windows 7 product seams more stable and faster than my Vista install (im sure mileage will vary).

The only issue I’m having is that the Kerio mail etc doesn’t seem to 'push' into outlook I had to setup an automated send and receive every 2 mins which works fine. I haven’t looked into it yet but I’d be interested if anyone else has seen this or has a fix.
  •  
integro

I also have the issue that Kerio mail in Windows 7 RC 7100 is not pushing new emails into outlook. Did anyone also have this problem and maybe found a solution?

Also, Rex, what temporary solution did you find? A send and receive does not work for me. Did you set something specficly?

Ps. sending emails is possible, only receiving not.
  •  
rex.withers

Just a normal send and receive (make sure its in the right send and receive group in outlook) was all I needed, even a manual send and receive (via the tool bar button) kicked it into gear after a few secs.

I'm using outlook 2007 and Win 7 build 7000
  •  
integro

I tried (and checked) that, so now I am puzzled. Not getting email is not funny Confused

[Updated on: Sun, 26 April 2009 16:06]

•  
rex.withers

Hmm I cant offer any advice, if I had the RC I could install and test here for you but its not on technent yet am it missing something?

Have you tried turning off every security feature you can think of, firewall, antivirus, private network, Ie settings etc
  •  
integro

Tried it all, and in the end deinstalled en reinstalled.
Nothing seemed to work.

Until now.... I see email is being pushed, but with some delay. Can be 4-5 minutes (I know because my mobile is also sinking with the Kerio mailserver).

I also noticed that the initial resync of all my emails took very long - couple of hours - compared to what I am used to.

But for now, good enough!
  •  
rex.withers

Great, you never did say where you got the RC though? Rolling Eyes
  •  
integro

Comment has been removed by Moderator.

[Updated on: Mon, 27 April 2009 19:29] by Moderator

•  
biomatters

How did you guys install the Outlook connector on Win 7? I have tried to put the original installation file into Vista compatibility mode, but the installation failed when trying to register WinHttp, so I tried the hacked installation file that was posted above, but no luck there either. The installation just rolls back without giving me any error messages.
Which version of Kerio are you running?

Any clues muchly appreciated!
  •  
rex.withers

Version 6.7 just installed normally on win 7 RC (not in Vista compatibility mode)

From somewhat distant memory now, right click and run as administrator with the *.exe. And I don’t think you need to hack the MSI any longer(?) with this version(?). Sorry I can’t really recall.

Also with earlier versions sometimes I needed to run the install a couple of time to avoid the roll back.

let me wknow how you get on
  •  
biomatters

Thanks for your quick reply! We are using the same version as the hack was provided for, so I was somewhat hopeful that I could get it to install, but even after many attempts, it just rolls back every time. I will try to convince our sysadmin to upgrade to 6.7 - it's good to know that it works that way Smile
  •  
rex.withers

I didn't have any problmes with previous versions either after I applied the msi hack. So it may not be as simple as that for you. Confused
biomatters

I found the solution: I turned UAC off and then it worked, even with 6.6.2 (with the hacked version). Thanks again for your help!
Previous Topic: Outlook 2003 and KMS 6.7.1
Next Topic: Message marked as spam in error
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 02:34:26 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00509 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.