Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Kerio VPN Client 6.6.0 Beta 1 for Linux and Mac OS X released!
  •  
Richard GABRIEL

Send a private message to this user
Version 6.6.0 Beta 1 - February 5, 2009

Supported OS:
- Linux: Debian/Ubuntu Linux, kernel 2.6.22 – 2.6.27
- Mac OS X: Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger or higher running on Intel Mac

Download and more information:
http://www.kerio.com/beta

[Updated on: Tue, 26 May 2009 15:20]

Richard Gabriel
Kerio Technologies
  •  
andysheppard

...the Mac version works very well for me, bearing in mind the known issues listed on the beta page.

Well done Kerio! Very Happy

KR,

Andy
  •  
strelock

Wow, thats great news! However what about 64 bit version?

Is there another way to connect from Ubuntu to Kerio VPN which is set up without using certificates at all?
  •  
MESB

Hi.
One of our customers (we remotely administrate their network) send us link a couple days ago about new version of winroute in beta section:
http://www.kerio.ru/beta_section.html

One of feature is linux vpn client.

So, because of economy and moving to open source, most remote branches were moved to linux based workstations (except main office ofcource with all services there), but vpn beetween headquater and branches was needed.

So here is problem: most of distrubutives that was used, are rpm based (centos and mandriva (redhat-like i mean)). Client don't want made some big chenges in it. (He suppose: If it works - just don't touch it)

And on beta page only debian version (ofcource we try alien to convert it, but no success).

1. Is there any plans to release linux vpn client for rpm based distributives?

2. If no such plans, is there any instructions how to convert this deb files to rpm for getting it work?
  •  
MESB

Well there is some success in starting vpn client under rpm based distro like mandriva.

If our test goes fine and kerio didn't release kvc in rpm format, we can post here little instructions for those who have same problem as we describe higher, just post about Smile
  •  
jsosic

Hi!

I use Fedora 12 on my laptop, and I don't know how to set up Kerio VPN client on an rpm based distribution. Can you provide some help please?

It's really too bad that Kerio doesn't provide RPM's... I mean if Kerio Connect is distributed via RPM, why isn't the VPN client too Sad
  •  
MESB

jsosic wrote on Thu, 08 April 2010 14:11
Hi!

I use Fedora 12 on my laptop, and I don't know how to set up Kerio VPN client on an rpm based distribution. Can you provide some help please?

Hi.
First of all check is your system have tun module:
modprobe tun

Then download this file:

http://rapidshare.com/files/373788617/keriovpnc4rpmlinux_6.7 .1-6544-1_i386.zip.html

Unpack, read README file.

It's not rpm file, but all you need just copy it's content to appropriate folder structure.
Service in this archive already corrected normally work and start in 32bit systems.

Some users report about success on mandriva 2009.1 and 2010, gentoo.

[Updated on: Fri, 09 April 2010 11:39]

Previous Topic: KWF + SSL + VirtualHosts
Next Topic: Yahoo mail
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 22:55:45 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00481 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.