Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Reset Active Connections
  •  
Bob Johnston

Send a private message to this user
I can't find a way to reset the Active Connections in KMS 6.5.1. I've searched the forum and KB.

I have 12 Active Connections that are over 10 days old. I've noticed that when I restart the mail server, the Active Connections eventually return, but with a new "time connected" beginning when the server restarted.

These Active Connections appear as IMAP and all seem to be from a user's iPhone, Blackberry or Treo phone. Each connection shows our user accessing their INBOX on our server.

I assume that their phone isn't properly closing the connection. Is there a way I can delete or reset these connections?

Thanks...
  •  
plee

I have the same issue with my deployment of Kerio Mailserver, but it appears to cause some users to be denied connections.
  •  
Bob Johnston

I stopped the KMS service and then restarted the KMS server, thinking that this would reset the IMAP Active Connections. It didn't. All IMAP Active Connections come from the same IP range, AT&T. The users listed in the Active Connections list all have AT&T smart phones and were checking email. I'm puzzled as to why the connections don't close and time out, and why a restart won't close them either.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Why do you think these IMAP connections are bad? It is normal when the client is using IMAP IDLE (sometimes called as push IMAP). The connection remains open for a very long time and client keeps it opened by special command every 30 minutes.
  •  
plee

In my case its not just IMAP. POP3/SMTP are also stacking up connections and not clearing. Also if what you're saying is true there should only be 1-2 connections per node, sometimes i see 5x the same node connecting.
Previous Topic: Kerio Outlook Connector
Next Topic: How do you access a public calendar on an iphone?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Sep 19 17:06:42 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00427 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.