Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Duplicate file removal
  •  
skeates

Send a private message to this user
Something has happened to one of our public calendars and I have ended up with about 20000 entries in the calendar. This was more than likely to have been caused by entourage.

I need to remove the duplicate entires and doing it manually is just a pain in the well you know were.

Any one got any terminal scrips that will find the duplicate files for me. I found this, but can not get it to work.

find . -size 20 \! -type d -exec cksum {} \; | sort | tee /tmp/f.tmp |
cut -f 1,2 -d ' ' | uniq -d | grep -hif - /tmp/f.tmp > dup.txt

It does not seem to output any files into the dup.txt folder. Any ideas?

There was a mention of removing the -size 20 which I guess would make sense as the eml files are quite small, but that does not seem to work for me.
  •  
skeates

Just realized the error of my way and that is that I assume this is looking for files with the same names.

Were as files in the #msg folder will be have individual names even thought they are duplicates.

Any way of around this any one?

To be honest this should be something Kerio provide as part of there software.
  •  
Nixs

Mac? All the one's I've found are $ or very limited in free form.

So what I do is map a drive to the folder from a Windows box and then run dupfinder.exe.

I would say Google it, but there are people who have created bad versions of this software and named it the same. Here is a potential link;

http://www.softpedia.com/get/File-managers/Duplicate-File-Fi nder-Brooks.shtml

It will find files that have different file names. I have used this to clean up 50GB of duplicates from various drives. This one is great/quick for exact duplicates of data. If your needs are more fuzzy, this one is too simple.

Previous Topic: Webmail template: icons and header height
Next Topic: KOFF - Multiple Accounts
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 13:42:10 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00360 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.