Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » limit rapidshare and megaupload downloads
  •  
Johnston

Send a private message to this user
Hi , i'd like to limit the inet usage of my buddies ,to 300kbs ,from rapidshare and megaupload .

How can i do that ? I tried bandwith limiter, but it does not work with dns names . Only seems to go for ips.

Any help would be great,thanks

Jesus
  •  
moro666

You can't do this with Kerio alone

try to use:
- ( Bandwidth controller ) or
- ( Softperfect Bandwidth Manager )

& limit "Remote endpoint" by domain or by IP address for this domain servers.

I use Bandwidth controller with Kerio
it's not perfect 100% .. but better than nothing

I hope Kerio stuff give more attention to Bandwidth managing..
present solution doesn't give good control on bandwidth & hungry users

I'm dreaming of Bandwidth Shaping & limiting rather than large file transfer limiting.

(( when Idiot user going to download 10 files at the same time with a download manager software, & every file get parted to at least 8 parts,,
SO... 10 * 8 = 80 connection eating your bandwidth
and then, Large file detection fail.. ))

Mohammad Habeeb
  •  
Johnston

You're true , lets hope next version of kfw includes better bandwith management and shaping .

Many thanks,i'll try that.

•  
Jacklo

epic fail for kerio.....
Previous Topic: Importance of Bandwidth Management in 6.1
Next Topic: Traffic Policy for cluster/load balanced HTTP Server
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Sep 19 19:10:44 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00433 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.