Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Total newb RFI: KMS LDAP in Thunderbird 2/3 config???
  •  
pokeitwithastick

Send a private message to this user
I'm trying to get my office set up to use the LDAP address book in KMS so we can all have the same contacts. All of the workstations are running TB2.0x-3.0x. The address book in Tbird lets you access a LDAP directory but I don't know the first thing about it and Wikipedia has a article on the subject that is denser than I am.
I need to fill in the fields in the New LDAP Directory that go like this:

Name: (this could be anything I think)
Hostname: (this I assume is my server's IP address)
Base DN: (huh?)
Port number: 389
Bind DN: (huh?)
Use secure connection (SSL): (not checked by default)

Thanks
  •  
BudDurland

I think what you need is:

BaseDN = fn=ContactRoot
BindDN = <your kerio account name or email address>

The first time tBird access the LDAP, you'll be prompted for your password. You have the option to save it so you won't be asked again.

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
pokeitwithastick

In order to test this directory server I would need to know that when I put addresses in my Contacts list thru the webmail they will be listed in the LDAP server. Is this the case?

If so I'll create a test address entry thru webmail and then see if I can see it when I isolate my LDAP address book in Tbird.

Thanks.

EDIT:
So in TB I isolated the LDAP address book thru Tools>Options>Composition>Addressing and then selecting only the Directory server as the active address autocompletion book and I got no joy when I created a new message and strated typing in addresses to the addy bar.
Also I R-clicked on the LDAP addy book and go to the properties>offline>download now and when I do it says "replication succeeded", so either there's no entries or it's not connecting...

[Updated on: Wed, 11 February 2009 21:45]

•  
pokeitwithastick

All Righty. So We've ignored this issue long enough.
I've been asked to solve it and if I can't we're moving to either exchange or gmail.
I still can't get LDAP to work in Thunderbird.
I know I've got addresses saved in Kerio because my Android phone has created them on the work account and I can see them in webmail.

When I try to create a LDAP address book in Tbird 7 i still get no joy.
This is my LDAP properties window in Tbird
[img]./fa/2346/0/[/img]
If i can't solve this we are moving to another platform. Oops I already said that.

• Attachment: temp.jpg
    (Size: 30.36KB, Downloaded 576 times)
  •  
BudDurland

I have LDAP working on my machine:

Name: WorkLDAP
Hostname: mail.example.com
BaseDn: objectClass=Person
Port Number: 636
Bind DN: <my user name>

On the 'Advanced' tab, I have:

Search filter: (objectclass=person)

t-bird will insist that you configure an exception for the server certificate if you are using an internally generated one

Hope this helps

Good is better than evil because it's nicer
--Mammy Yokum
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

pokeitwithastick wrote on Thu, 13 October 2011 17:14
All Righty. So We've ignored this issue long enough.
I've been asked to solve it and if I can't we're moving to either exchange or gmail.
I still can't get LDAP to work in Thunderbird.
I know I've got addresses saved in Kerio because my Android phone has created them on the work account and I can see them in webmail.

When I try to create a LDAP address book in Tbird 7 i still get no joy.
This is my LDAP properties window in Tbird
./fa/2346/0/
If i can't solve this we are moving to another platform. Oops I already said that.

There is no problem with LDAP lookup from Thunderbird. Make sure that Kerio Connect is listening on port 389 (and the port is not used by other system service). This is clearly a configuration issue.
You can also enable debug logging for LDAP server (see the manual). It will tell you where is the problem.
Previous Topic: Kerio leaks the BCC list
Next Topic: OMS
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 18:26:26 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00423 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.