Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » iPhone app for tasks
  •  
stevicks

Send a private message to this user
I have been scouring the app store looking for an app that will provide access to tasks on Kerio. So far no luck. I did find one for shared/public contacts (LDAPeople) but not for tasks.

Most of the task apps are stand alone and only support tasks on the iPhone itself. Some use OWA (iMExchange) to make their connection and others use some type of 3rd party service or only support the mac etc.

Does anyone know of an iPhone app that will provide task access to Kerio tasks?

Thanks.
  •  
p0ddie

*bump* is there any progress on this?

I am not sure, will this be implemented in the iPhone 3.0 OS?

Tried some apps from the app store too, no luck.

Just found out that iCal syncs the tasks to the server though, I wasn't aware of that!
  •  
My IT Indy

I haven't seen anything that works with this at all, and from what I've seen of 3.0 it doesn't have tasks in it either.

I have been using Things on the Mac/iPhone for task management and it runs fine, but it's an extra expense of course.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
cyril@cksolution.ch

I buyed iMTask on the iPhone, but I didn't geht it working with Kerio Mailserver 6.62.

Have anybody better experience? It looks like Kerio don't have the same Folders or Loginstructure like MS Exchange.
Unfortunatly the developer of iMTask dont replay to the support questions.

Best Regards
Cyril Kreyenbühl
  •  
jshaw541

I use KeyTasks and it works well.

It's an iPhone and Windows app that sync via a 3rd party server. Subscription-based but cheap.

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
renefn

Hi,

I'm also looking for a way to sync tasks from Kerio MailServer to the iPhone. I have tried several of the apps on the App Store without luck.

You mention KeyTasks and I just tried that to, but when syncronizing from my Outlook it just spits out a log with errors and nothing is synced...

I'm using Outlook 2007 SP2 (but tried SP1 too) Danish on Windows XP Pro Danish. What's yours setup?

Regards,
René Frej Nielsen

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
  •  
jshaw541

Outlook 2007 SP2 English, here.

It may not be compatible with your language, not sure.

Here's the vendor's URL: http://www.chapura.com/keytasksiphone.php

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
renefn

I have just written to them... Strange that it doesn't work...

But I would also prefer an app that syncs over the air directly with the server.

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
  •  
running

I would also be very interested in keytask/keynote working.

I have a customer how is using it with a local PST. I wonder what it would do with Kerio. Did someone tried it?

We are moving this costumer to Kerio in 3 weeks and some of them are really needing task/notes sync... Anny other solution?

•  
stevicks

I also wanted an iPhone task app that would sync directly with my Kerio mail server but couldn't find one I liked so I wrote one.

It's called eTask and uses the CalDAV protocol through Kerio's http or https web access connection.

I don't want to turn this into a blatant advertisement so if your interested see the web site:

http://sites.google.com/site/dfaworks/etask
  •  
p0ddie

awesome, bought it and will try it out Smile
  •  
renefn

Very interesting! I have bought the app and it works... Now it would be super nice to have full editing working, so that dates can be altered. It would also be very usefull to be able to create and delete tasks on the iPhone.

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
  •  
stevicks

Adding full edit, delete, and create are my top priorities. Incremental updates will be coming soon.
  •  
renefn

Great... I have some users that are going to be VERY happy for getting this, but I'm not sure that I should tell them before full editing is possible. They might have difficulty understanding that things take time Wink

Regards,
Rene Frej Nielsen
My IT Indy

I configured it once and then it crashed. Now it won't launch at all. I even restarted my iPhone.

**edit** I deleted etasks and then reinstalled and now it's fine.

[Updated on: Sat, 20 June 2009 14:56]

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
Previous Topic: iPhone Push Question/Problem
Next Topic: automated email
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Sep 25 13:41:27 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00679 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.