Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Block IP unassigned IP for using the Internet
  •  
twbemt

Send a private message to this user
Question may be hard

Got a school this is going on..the kids are savvy....I want to bind the user name to the IP address of their workstations. Meaning if they change their ip in their workstation that is not assigned to them i want them not to surf the internet, I this possible in winroute?

If so detail howto's please

Tim
  •  
moro666

Send a private message to this user

this exact scenario are not present in Winroute firewall

You can't Do this:

- bending IP with MAC
- Block/allow by MAC
- prevent many or at least 2 users to login with the same account at the same time ( consider it a bug with Kerio )

but to deal with this you can do many things, specially when your Network environment is School ( you can do what you want on Clients PCs)

- try to find a way to prevent a user to change/enable/disable local aria network setting ( By Group policy = gpedit.msc) present in windows XP or above. ( this is the best solution for your case )

- use third party application to block/allow any PC to connect to your Kerio firewall machine By Mac Address:
like (Sygate Personal Firewall)

Mohammad Habeeb
Previous Topic: DNS BLOCKING
Next Topic: who to block any website
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 15:57:59 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00354 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.