Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Users Shared Calendar not viewable in iCal but viewable in webmail??
  •  
tiredofnick

Send a private message to this user
I have a user that has granted reader access to everyone in the domain. Other users are able to check her availability and invite her to meetings fine, but when they try and view her calendar in iCal it is blank. However, if the same users calendar is subscribed to in Kerio webmail, the calendar is normal and contains events. Clearly something has gone wrong with the iCal side of things. Has this happened to anyone? Any troubleshooting tips or a fix?

I have tried resetting the users sync history on their Mac and I tried rebooting the mail server daemon. What is really bizarre to me is that her calendar is working fine in webmail. I've seen calendars disappear before on users, but it has always affected webmail as well as ical.... any help would be greatly appreciated.
  •  
mpermann

What version of the OS (10.4.x or 10.5.x) is the user using? Are you subscribing to the calendar for read only access, using the CalDAV protocol in iCal 3.0.x so it is read/write capable or using the Kerio iSync connector so it is read/write capable? We need a little more information to be helpful.
  •  
tiredofnick

Client is OS 10.5.6, and we are using CalDAV delegates to view the calendars so it is read/write capable.
  •  
mpermann

I would try creating a new temporary "Test User" account on the users computer and launch iCal in that new account and configure it to connect to your Kerio server and see if it will populate the calendar in a new fresh account. If it does, then there is something in the users account that is preventing iCal from connecting to the Kerio server properly. You can go to Console in the Utilities folder and look at the log messages and possibly see some error messages regarding iCal that might help figure out what is going on.
If it won't work on the new test account you might try creating a new calendar folder called CalendarTemp in the web interface and copying all of the appointments from the Calendar folder to the CalendarTemp folder and see if iCal will see the newly created calendar or not.
  •  
tiredofnick

I created a second calendar folder in webmail logged in as the "problem user" and shared that the exact same way as the original calendar. This new calendar is viewable/editable from iCal by other users as it should be. So really the problem has to be with the old Calendar. Thanks for the help, I'm going to have the user create a new calendar, move all their events, and trash the old.
  •  
mpermann

Your welcome. I hope everything works properly after you've done that.
  •  
tiredofnick

Hmm looks like this didn't solve the problem, and actually created more problems.

What I did was, copy the entire calendar to a new calendar, which worked out fine in webmail. Then I deleted the CalDAV account from the users computer, trashed her ~/Library/Calendar folder and reset her sync history. Then I re-setup the CalDAV account and now she can't even see her own calendar in iCal! Yet it still works in webmail! ARGGHH.
  •  
mpermann

Usually from the Web interface you are unable to completely delete the Calendar folder as it is a default folder that must exist. Did you delete the items in the folder or did you delete the entire Calendar folder? What happens when you try and establish the CalDAV link to the user's account on a different computer/user account? If it still doesn't work on a different computer/account then there is probably something wrong with the users account on the server. The log files might yield some useful information.
  •  
tiredofnick

I tried setting up the CalDAV account on a new machine, no change, still can't load up the calendar in ical.

As far as deleting the calendar, I haven't deleted anything from the server side, I just copied all the events from calendar into a new calendar folder, leaving me with two of the same calendar, one named the default "Calendar" and the other named "DifferentCalendar."
  •  
mpermann

If you setup CalDAV for a completely different use on the same "test" machine you used for this user does it work properly? If it does, then I would conclude that somehow the users account on the server has gotten messed up. I am not the server admin for our Kerio installation, but I have seen mention on the forums of some files (index files etc.) on the server that may need to be renamed and new ones created to fix the users issue. You could also try creating a completely new Test user account and share the troubled users calendar with the new user and copy the item to the new Test user Calendar folder then setup the CalDAV linking and see what happens.
  •  
tiredofnick

yeah its def something on the server. i submitted a ticket to kerio, i'll let everyone know what happens.
  •  
tiredofnick

Kerio suggested I stop the mail server, delete the file <kerio mailstore>/mail/.caldav.db and restart the daemon. I tried that last night but the problem persists.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

It does not look like an issue with access rights. iCal (and few other clients) has a bug which may cause this. It saves the event with invalid binary character inside. Surprisingly, it can save it but fails to load it back (even if it has been saved by the same client).

Ask technical support for a script fix fixing the invalid characters in saved calendar events. It would fix the issue (if I'm right).
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Also, keep in mind that events marked as private are not synchronized in shared iCal calendars. That may be also the reason why you don't see them there.
tiredofnick

Right yeah, I know that. This goes deeper than that though, as the user can not view her own calendar in iCal since i deleted and recreated the CalDAV account.
Previous Topic: iPad and Droid
Next Topic: Move from Mac Pro G5 to Mac Mini Server
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 07:39:46 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00551 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.