Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » manually stopping a backup in progress? (I'd like to stop a backup I started manually)
  •  
monkeymissile

Send a private message to this user
I started a backup manually, but now would like to stop it since we can't access any public folders during backup. I can't figure out how to do so. Thanks in advance for any help.
  •  
p0ddie

afaik, the only option is to kill the mailserver process in the console / task manager and restart the server... this can however lead to lost mails should be only done after disconnecting every user from the server first… and of course that backup you just killed is corrupted. bottom line: better not do it Wink
  •  
monkeymissile

mercifully I didn't have to do that, the backup process gradually sped up and finished in a few hours instead of the 15-20 it was initially estimating. So I learned a lesson and dodged a bullet. Thanks.
  •  
jcooper

I know this is an old post, but if anyone is looking for this...

Renaming the backup folder seemed to do the trick, at least on a Mac. I renamed the folder and as soon as the current file was completed (it was on file 6 of probably a couple hundred when I realized I hit the wrong button), it returned an error and stopped.

So far, no ill effects and a subsequent differential backup seems to be going ok.

However, the backup I stopped was one I had manually started (the files started with "C"). I already had a full backup and thought I could manually run a differential by selecting it from the list and clicking Run Now. Apparently, this button always does a full backup but prefixes the files with "C".

I do no know if you stop a regular "full backup" in this way if it'll throw things off.

Thanks,

Jeff
Previous Topic: Moving 30K+ INBOX messages to subfolders
Next Topic: Kerio KOF + Outlook 2010
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Jun 27 16:01:58 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00391 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.